Wanted Posting

First posting Salisbury plain (begged to leave....left after 9 months)

NI (preference loved it 19 months)

JHQ ( 2nd choice it had its problems loved the Job 12 months and 1 month 3 days)

Sunshine posting (preference) Never got there bloody men. Went to Blandford (wasn't wanted, wasnt happy, wanted out 11 months)

DNBCC (good postingn 3 months)

NI (loving it) Sunshine Posting 4 old man (chucked the old man) stayed in NI 2 years 4 months so far)

Netheravon (so thats Stickys at the weekend then) wanted Up north Tried Tits, Tears and Tantrums wasn't happening. I tried through.
Hope this will be another your moving situation.

Not bad really in 9 years. Gypseys move around less than me. So much for seeing the world I keep ending up on Salisbury bloody plain.

Mo x x x

Are you whinging? The first posting I ever got was to the Army when I left school. I say 'Army' because I appreciated at 16 I was going where I was told when I was told. After that I aired my wishes, aspirations, desires but I went where I was told. I appreciate people have a preffered option but nothing is ever guaranteed........life in a green uniform, live it and live with it.

Are you whinging? The first posting I ever got was to the Army when I left school. I say 'Army' because I appreciated at 16 I was going where I was told when I was told. After that I aired my wishes, aspirations, desires but I went where I was told. I appreciate people have a preffered option but nothing is ever guaranteed........life in a green uniform, live it and live with it.

watertight said:
Sorry you saw that as negative personally I think its a bloody good record I know folks who have spent full career on Salisbury plain just swapping units.

The last bit of my post tongue in cheek I get ichy feet except in NI. As someone who has moved all my life every 2.5 years on average if you left me anywhere longer I would go quite insane.

Netheravon is compassionate post anyway. As much as I wanted up north I got my second choice again.

Put me anywhere I will find something to be pleased about example went to Blandford (I was pleased I only had to do 11 months some people spend their full career there)

Mo x x x

Know a bloke who went all through the official channels to justify a posting to Hereford or that area, had bereavments in the family and just had to stay local until loaded onto his Tiffy course. Wrote out the posting preference, backed it all up with a letter and interview with the Boss, great. Boss phoned up records to see it was going all right, no problem records said. The posting order came....HERFORD, right latitude, wrong country!

I on the other hand have been quite lucky, even for a REME VM. 11 great years in Germany, stint in Hong Kong, 3 years in Cyprus and only got shafted on my last posting but one. That particular desk officer has hung up his poison pen, much to the rejoicing of VM's all over the world.

I always found that if you don't ask you don't get, back your CR up with your posting preference and nag a few people and you never know!

I dont know what everyone is doing wrong. I have always rang manning and records and asked them whats going and picked what I fancy. So far have had Celle, NI, EOD, Cyprus and Naples. Not bad, give it a try whats the worst that could happen, a tour in Afganistan!!! :D

I must admit i had the posting of my dream, got asked to extend in the emerald isle for an extra year, and have the posting location of my choice afterward. Confirmed verbally with Line Manager, Adjt AND CO AND in writting from MCM. So naturally i agreed. Come the time of posting, (bearing in mind family, friends and own home was in dundee) i applied for anywhere in scotland - which dives enuff scope i think. Yup you guessed it posted to F***ing Thorney Island, how further south can you get...Thanks MCM !

Shadow_Clurk said:
I must admit i had the posting of my dream, got asked to extend in the emerald isle for an extra year, and have the posting location of my choice afterward. Confirmed verbally with Line Manager, Adjt AND CO AND in writting from MCM. So naturally i agreed. Come the time of posting, (bearing in mind family, friends and own home was in dundee) i applied for anywhere in scotland - which dives enuff scope i think. Yup you guessed it posted to F***ing Thorney Island, how further south can you get...Thanks MCM !
They are not called Moral Counter Measures (MCM) for nothing. :)

Just found out today mcm claim that they havent recieved any PPP's off me for quite a while (4 years or so). Do they never worry to question somthing like that?

Just got my first posting, to Rhinedahlen, was top of my list, should I expect that to be the last time this happens in 22 years? :D

i like another on this thread was told when I left school that I was gonna join the REs. So I did, but made the best of any crap posting I got.
Osnabruck, Hohne, Nienburg, Detmold, Aldershot (for transfer of corps), Sandhurst, Salisbury, Paderborn, Falklands, Cyprus and then I got posted to the other end of the island :thumright: Finished my last 6 months at the resettlement branch in York. Best 24 years I've ever had!!! :thumleft:

luke said:
Just got my first posting, to Rhinedahlen, was top of my list, should I expect that to be the last time this happens in 22 years? :D
If you are a good egg then you can generally go where you want. Alternatively if you are a sportsperson, you're guaranteed to go wherever you please.

It may sound sad but i like the army, the only thing is in the 13 years i have never been to a posting i have wanted. I have enjoyed the unit but you have to make the best of any bad situation, i think alot of people are the same you put your wish list in and you thing no one looks at it but they do honestly.

I do believe it says "ORDER" after "posting" or "assignment." So shut the **** up and go where you are told! It really is that simple. If you don't like it, sign off and **** off!!!

Just wondering if anybody out there has had any experience of 18 field coy? im posted out there in april and havent had much luck finding out about the actual company just keep getting the usual battallion bolix.

cheers

B_AND_T

LE
Book Reviewer
BLUESKINNEDBEAST said:
I do believe it says "ORDER" after "posting" or "assignment." So shut the * up and go where you are told! It really is that simple. If you don't like it, sign off and * off!!!
Your a happy cunt arn't you!! And you have never moaned about your job.

Can't complain on postings. Asked for Germany and stayed. Currently on 3rd consecutive one. Just be flexible what you put on your PPP.

Yes I have moaned about the job but never about where I have been sent! I was sick to death of hearing people (especially SNCOs) about how they don't want to go to a certain place or Unit. Tough fcuking shit! Get on with it!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
wrinklyone Health and Fitness 67
B Classified Ads 14
K Charities and Welfare 7