Wanted Posting

New plan is to use the reverse psychology trick. I am going to apply for a job that nobody wants therefore guaranteeing it. It might be a sh*t job but at least you know where you will be going.

The bonus is that if you don’t get the posting, what every you do get can only be better.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

posting's now there is a laugh!!

1,Edinburgh
2,newcastle
3,catterick

The above choices indicate that one would prefer to stay in the north!!!

So why oh why do they insist in posting me down south? why ask for your preferred choices when 90% of the time it's done and dusted without giving your circumstances a second thought. :(

Grumblin_subalten said:
New plan is to use the reverse psychology trick. I am going to apply for a job that nobody wants therefore guaranteeing it. It might be a sh*t job but at least you know where you will be going.
Said psychology always works! For 'job' substitute 'ugliest woman in the room' - you're always going back to her place!

Asked for Belize and got the Falklands, asked for Cyprus and got Hong Kong, which i mustnt grumble about, hell of a place, not bad considering records probably thought they were doing me over

Belize. I went from Bielefeld to Belize then to Sennelager.
20 Mins from where I just came from. Someone somewhere had a sense of humour.

It was fun to go from the tropics to a German December.
Sooooo cold...

I guess I've been lucky all the way through so far, trained recuits at Larkhill when I asked for it, went into the Careers office in Cardiff when I asked (1 month before the Rugby World Cup in 99 too :D ), transfered to the AGC from the RA without any fuss, got the posting I wanted from Worthy Down and now my second tour takes me 40 miles from my home in Wales. OK promotion boards havn't been too kind but I've enjoyed myself. I look at my peers from the RA who are now WO2's while I'm a lowley spripey but I smile a lot more than them, not as grey and I've got a great job that I wouldn't swap for all the promotions at MCM Div.

The best advice I was ever given was manage your own career. What do you want? Promotion or job satisfaction, very rarely will you get both.

I guess I've been lucky all the way through so far, trained recuits at Larkhill when I asked for it, went into the Careers office in Cardiff when I asked (1 month before the Rugby World Cup in 99 too :D ), transfered to the AGC from the RA without any fuss, got the posting I wanted from Worthy Down and now my second tour takes me 40 miles from my home in Wales. OK promotion boards havn't been too kind but I've enjoyed myself. I look at my peers from the RA who are now WO2's while I'm a lowley spripey but I smile a lot more than them, not as grey and I've got a great job that I wouldn't swap for all the promotions at MCM Div.

The best advice I was ever given was manage your own career. What do you want? Promotion or job satisfaction, very rarely will you get both.

oldbaldy

LE
I was in Malta & then asked for Cyprus. Got it!!
Tough doing 5 years in the Med off the belt end but someone had to do it. :D
Oh & I volunteered for the job that got me to Malta in the first place. :D

hmmm,

i didnt really make much fuss about my posting until the last one.

1. asked for UK got Gutersloh.

2. asked for UK got Paderborn

3. asked for BATUS got Warminster

4. asked for BATUS got Bovington

5. asked for SW UK first line, got 2nd line Fallingbostal

6. signed off after 2 weeks of arriving, "cheers Sgt ASS, get yourself away to Bosnia"

7. pulled a few strings and peshed a few people off, got my last 6 months in UK after Boz tour and not far from home. (and got a free holiday to Jordan out of it)

In general do they listen? i'm not sure, they dont if your a VM in the REME.

Nope....never managed it........

I thought MCM Div had a giggle when received, and then threw it in the big filing bin at the back of the room........

:(

oldbaldy

LE
oldbaldy said:
I was in Malta & then asked for Cyprus. Got it!!
Tough doing 5 years in the Med off the belt end but someone had to do it. :D
Oh & I volunteered for the job that got me to Malta in the first place. :D
Oh & later asked for Harrogate & got it.

Got may last 3 years where I wanted as well. Had to fix it myself & involved getting hold of the Arms Plot & lots of phone calls to a chap whose job I wanted. :)

Any vacancies for a fibre optics engineer would be appreciated, abroad prefered but North West/North East UK would do.
Please PM me for any extra info, CV etc

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
wrinklyone Health and Fitness 67
B Classified Ads 14
K Charities and Welfare 7