Wanted: Para Smock

Discussion in 'Classified Ads' started by gooddog, May 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Before you rip me a new ******** for wanting to walt it up as
    (ch)airborne, i must stress that this is as a gift for a friend of mine who's is f***ed. If anyone has one going cheap, please PM.

2. sounds like another fckin walt

3. I have one If you want it. Used but in good condition. Zip "handle" is gone. It still functions but that bit is missing. Not sure on the size am out of the country at the moment. Let me know if you want it

4. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

Well go do the Fcuking Course then!!!

5. You dont buy Para Smocks, you earn them

6. Fekin Cheek

*cranks up the volume*

listen's to No More Hero's by the stranglers ....

FFS

7. Look, I am not questioning the value of earning the coveted smock, but I am trying as hard as possible to get one for an old mate. I understand if this idea pisses some off....I just want to make it known that I am not trying to be something that I'm not, or trying to disrespect the course or anyone who's been on it.

8. you want it for yourself, once you have it you will stitch some wings on and wear it to paintballing next weekend

9. Don't listen to these people - go to the army-surplus shop and tell them you're para

its easy enough to pass-off as one ...and you get a lovely badge too

10. Theres a 42 pattern Denison smock for £1,250 at Silvermans, brand new apparently.

11. I don't like to state the obvious (but I'm going to, so hard hat on), but why not try Ebay? OK, when I just typed in 'para smock' they only had two that looked genuine, but what does your 'mate' want it for? If you get him a 'made from 100% genuine MOD para smock material but civvy issue' will he know the difference? :)

Failing that, if he's ex-service why not use the 'kit transfer' system - i.e. when my brother was in the RAF, he acquired a smock, not because he wanted it or ever wore it, but because he knew someone who did and then used that to acquire some kit he needed and so on.

Oh, I have to say by pure coincidence SickNorman I have been listening to my old Stranglers vinyl and ripping them to mp3 today and finding out what happened to the Great Elmyra - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elmyr_de_Hory 8)

12. Sorry for bothering you, it seems i'm not going to get very far....thanks for those that tried to help...much apprechiated

13. sorry in response to scruffy donkey's post, I will suggest this to him, and will update as to requirements, thanks.

14. It's great when threads like these pop up. It's not often you get a chance to laugh at dribbling ex-para meat-heads trying to defend tatty items of clothing that no one would be seen dead in. :lol:

15. yeah, but like Monks, once you've got the jacket, you're part of the airborne brotherhood.