• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Wanted: Para Smock

Before you rip me a new ******** for wanting to walt it up as
(ch)airborne, i must stress that this is as a gift for a friend of mine who's is f***ed. If anyone has one going cheap, please PM.

I have one If you want it. Used but in good condition. Zip "handle" is gone. It still functions but that bit is missing. Not sure on the size am out of the country at the moment. Let me know if you want it

Look, I am not questioning the value of earning the coveted smock, but I am trying as hard as possible to get one for an old mate. I understand if this idea pisses some off....I just want to make it known that I am not trying to be something that I'm not, or trying to disrespect the course or anyone who's been on it.

I don't like to state the obvious (but I'm going to, so hard hat on), but why not try Ebay? OK, when I just typed in 'para smock' they only had two that looked genuine, but what does your 'mate' want it for? If you get him a 'made from 100% genuine MOD para smock material but civvy issue' will he know the difference? :)

Failing that, if he's ex-service why not use the 'kit transfer' system - i.e. when my brother was in the RAF, he acquired a smock, not because he wanted it or ever wore it, but because he knew someone who did and then used that to acquire some kit he needed and so on.

Oh, I have to say by pure coincidence SickNorman I have been listening to my old Stranglers vinyl and ripping them to mp3 today and finding out what happened to the Great Elmyra - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elmyr_de_Hory 8)

It's great when threads like these pop up. It's not often you get a chance to laugh at dribbling ex-para meat-heads trying to defend tatty items of clothing that no one would be seen dead in. :lol:

Pararegtom

LE
Book Reviewer
Ahhh the hat speaks, lots of my mates died wearing a tatty old Para smock, It not the item it,s the ethos behind it.

It amazing, people dont rush out and buy jkt DPM (non Airborne) , No it Has to be SAS/PARA Kit.

As for meatheads, most of the Airborne brotherhood on here, seem to have gained degree,s.

Out to you.

Buy a SASS Smock, or one of the newer varients of issue smock.

They don't get heavy when wet, nor take an age to dry. The Para smock really isn't the best smock out there, and as the Hats above say, it really is the ethos behind it why people want it.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, there are 101 (no pun intended) reasons why someone wants ex services gear.

Since we are on the subject of the wonderful smock, its bloody comfortable, I presume the main difference between the three are

SAS no epaulettes no wire

Para epaulettes no wire

Marine epaulettes and wire

Oooofeckit, it is the same smock? please please please

Pararegtom said:
Ahhh the hat speaks, lots of my mates died wearing a tatty old Para smock, It not the item it,s the ethos behind it.

It amazing, people dont rush out and buy jkt DPM (non Airborne) , No it Has to be SAS/PARA Kit.

As for meatheads, most of the Airborne brotherhood on here, seem to have gained degree,s.

Out to you.
Not in grammar, obviously. For every para who has earned a degree there are a hundred more with abnormally large foreheads who can't drink for shit and regularly wet themselves in public. :wink:

Latest Threads