Wanted - Officers Service Dress

Discussion in 'Classified Ads' started by ninja-yoyo, Feb 14, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Wanted - Officers Service Dress. Just been outbided by some twat on e-bay so I am in the market for an Officers Service Dress. Willing to haggle depending on condition.

If you have one which you no longer require, drop me a note.

Size 44 inch Chest, 38 inch Waist and 5 ft 11 inches tall.

2. How much did it go for?
  3. I have one but it's so old you'll have to remove the pips from the sleeves.

Feel free to cut off the wound stripes too!
  4. The service dress went for £140. If it had not been such a heavy night on the Saturday I could have got up early enought to put in another bid. Unfortunatley even the fat lady had sung before I got out of bed! :(
  5. That sounds expensive. Have you tried any of the Regimental shops? You may get a better price.

Thing about ebay is that the seller can get a mate to phantom bid against you to drive the price up. Keep watching, it may come back on if this was the case.
  6. Purple_Flash

Purple_Flash War Hero Moderator

Have you considered what style of SD you require, there are several patterns for different divisions and corps, some with bellows map pockets, some with slit pockets, some with turn ups, differing shades of cloth &c &c. You don't want to lash all that money out for the wrong type!
  7. Go for the Regimental Officers shops, I have picked up some good deals this way i.e. a good nick Blues Jacket for £50 (in 1995 prior to getting married) and a replacement No2 dress jacket and trousers for £60 (2004) because I had "ahem" expanded in my old age. If however you are new to any arm or corps, it may be wise to use the grant for which it was intended and get the pristine article.
  8. Use vrane
  9. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

I've a set in my wardrobe, about your size, needs a dry clean, got RADC buttons on it.
  10. what are you doing with gob doc buttons?
  11. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

It the joy of being the RQMS and having first dibs in the clothing returns!
  12. who left that on your bedroom floor ventress??
  13. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

A gentleman would never tell.
  14. What condition is the Service Dress in, and how much do you want for it.
  15. is there a link about officers service dress for each regiments so you can choose the right ones ?

i was under the impression that they were universal like No2s all you had to do was change the collar dogs and buttons etc