wanted: Naptha fuel

Discussion in 'Classified Ads' started by copey, Oct 18, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. if someone could purloin me even a litre of this stuff i would be well chuffed.
    cant find it anywhere in civ div and my siggy bottle is down to the last dregs,
    brilliant for removing oil etc that is trodden into the house or mushed into the sofa/clothes
    can anyone either send me some off or point me in the right direction for obtaining some??

2. You could try Coleman Fuel, its very similar. Comes in a white tin, and good camping shops should stock it.

3. Isn't it just lighter fuel?

4. i dont think so, its got a megga low flash point, someone must have some kicking about

5. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Lovely with a drop of orange squash- obviously you go blind but still nice!!

6. A company called Petrochem Carless sells Naptha......maybe give them a call.

7. I think one of my oppos running with our MT has some that's just gone out of date. (as in his dept, not him..) I will ask him tomorrow if he's in.

Cant remember how many litres tho.. probably about 100.. 8O

8. Blacks sell it, a fiver a can......

And you can ask for military discount....If you're lucky, and get the new starter in the shop, you can blag up to 30%.........Not that I'd admit to such a thing.....

9. well done fatbadge, im only after one or two litres if there is some about pm me your details and ill get a couple of cannisters sent off to you and a few quid for postage, i dont use a great deal of the stuff but its saved my bacon a few times with the woman, the times ive trodden grease or oil in the house or got it on someones clothes, this kit whizzes it off quicker than you can say cillit bang!

10. Copey, dont take this the wrong way but I'm pretty sure naptha through the Royal Mail may raise a few eyebrows down the local sorting office.

11. just a thought , have you tried the local lab supplies companies, they are prety good at that sort of stuff,
    WW