Wanted: MTP webbing to fit a very small cadet

UK size 6 cadet (that's a clothing size not a boot size) with a ridiculously small 24" waist and 30" chest seeks yoke, padded hip or waist belt and pouches in order for her to represent the ACF on a three day exercise without returning home with ginormous bruises, blisters and friction burns as a result of wearing issued kit which is too big for her.

Ideally: two magazine pouches, a small pouch to hold a rifle sling and two large pouches but will consider anything.

If there's a way of padding out the shoulders of the yoke to prevent bruising on her collar bones that would be very helpful to know too.

Which local Army Reserve unit do you get your kit through, or do you have a central ACF location?
Suggest speaking to the SQMS and seeing what you get, I know that Sussex ACF have their own QM or did until 2014 as I knew the LE Officer who was the QM?

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Try Drop zone supplies, or Silvermans etc.

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
Action man accessories ?:D

UK size 6 cadet (that's a clothing size not a boot size) with a ridiculously small 24" waist and 30" chest seeks yoke, padded hip or waist belt and pouches in order for her to represent the ACF on a three day exercise without returning home with ginormous bruises, blisters and friction burns as a result of wearing issued kit which is too big for her.

Ideally: two magazine pouches, a small pouch to hold a rifle sling and two large pouches but will consider anything.

If there's a way of padding out the shoulders of the yoke to prevent bruising on her collar bones that would be very helpful to know too.
Padding: Cut strips from a cheap, closed cell foam sleeping matt and gaffer tape them to the yoke shoulder straps.

It wont look pretty but it will stop the straps from digging in.

W21A

LE
Book Reviewer
Buy a set of olive/ green PLCE. Take it apart and see how it works. Fit belt to cadet properly. Reassemble. If yoke rings on belt do not line up properly ignore them. Place the utility pouch at the centre rear and use the D rings to attach the yoke to the utility pouch which is attached to the belt. Adjust rear and side straps to size and lock off with tape or some such. Leave front straps adjustable. While not MTP, olive/green PLCE looks better with MTP than DPM.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
I'd also opine that a young person that small should not be carrying a lot of weight. A day bag would be better, albeit less 'Ally'.

Which local Army Reserve unit do you get your kit through, or do you have a central ACF location?
Suggest speaking to the SQMS and seeing what you get, I know that Sussex ACF have their own QM or did until 2014 as I knew the LE Officer who was the QM?
The QM issues kit at the start of each exercise, for the duration of that exercise, and it's one size fits all.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Can you not just feed her a bit more before the ex?

TamH70

MIA

Latest Threads