Wanted: MD of ARRSE International

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by Good CO, Sep 24, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

An international element could add quite a lot to ARRSE as our recent burst of US users illustrated. Gave you all someone to bait now that firemen are out of cross hairs anyway.

So, moderator, front man and international marketing guru wanted to give this board a bit of impetus. Non UK passport and some sort of military connection an advantage.

Don't all rush at once now.

2. No French...... right? Or is that a racist remark? Im sorry if it is but hey, you gotta say what ya think.. :lol:
    Can I add firemen to that? :wink:

3. As an Irish passport holder, and ex Army, I would like to thank you Good CO for allowing me to take up this position. I will serve you well.

4. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Embarrassed edit: Got to go back on what I wrote here yesterday. Non yours GH - earlier invasion didn't win friends! It's also fair enough that someone outside the EU (Kiwi, American etc) would be more appropriate.

Thanks for the offer though.

5. about.com
    hundreds of foreign chat rooms, even more than MDN can infiltrate! seriously tho, will go on and post a few links tomorrow..... like they said, I need a bath tonight cos I STINK :lol:

6. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Tell me more!

7. You do actually.

8. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

9. As I have now renounced all nationality, species, colour and gender in order to become PC, can I have a go?

10. I spend my days lurking the halls of ARRSE - I could probably give it a go.

11. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

An American...... hmmm I'm not sure.... how about a quick test...

1. U571 - historically accurate or not?
    2. Name one non-US friendly AFV? Bonus marks for not shooting it.
    3. Are you of Irish descent?

12. 1. Depends on accurate you want to be. Yes, a U-boat was captured during WWII, not by us, but by you (the British)

2. Specific type? Chieftan, Challanger, Challanger II, Ferret, Fox, etc.

3. Not as far as I know.

13. A quick amendment to my previous post. the US did not capture one in the manner portrayed in the movie U571 (that was the Brits), but we did capture U505, which still sits in Chicago.

14. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

The significant point about the U571 film was that it purported to show that the Americans captured the Enigma machine, rather than the British who were actually responsible.

15. Does BH's two weeks in the Girl Scouts count as 'a Military Connection'?