Wanted: MD of ARRSE International

An international element could add quite a lot to ARRSE as our recent burst of US users illustrated. Gave you all someone to bait now that firemen are out of cross hairs anyway.

So, moderator, front man and international marketing guru wanted to give this board a bit of impetus. Non UK passport and some sort of military connection an advantage.

Don't all rush at once now.

L

lipstik

No French...... right? Or is that a racist remark? Im sorry if it is but hey, you gotta say what ya think.. :lol:
Can I add firemen to that? :wink:

Embarrassed edit: Got to go back on what I wrote here yesterday. Non yours GH - earlier invasion didn't win friends! It's also fair enough that someone outside the EU (Kiwi, American etc) would be more appropriate.

Thanks for the offer though.

L

lipstik

about.com
hundreds of foreign chat rooms, even more than MDN can infiltrate! seriously tho, will go on and post a few links tomorrow..... like they said, I need a bath tonight cos I STINK :lol:

lipstik said:
about.com
I need a bath tonight cos I STINK :lol:
You do actually.

I spend my days lurking the halls of ARRSE - I could probably give it a go.

An American...... hmmm I'm not sure.... how about a quick test...

1. U571 - historically accurate or not?
2. Name one non-US friendly AFV? Bonus marks for not shooting it.
3. Are you of Irish descent?

Bad CO said:
An American...... hmmm I'm not sure.... how about a quick test...

1. U571 - historically accurate or not?
2. Name one non-US friendly AFV? Bonus marks for not shooting it.
3. Are you of Irish descent?
1. Depends on accurate you want to be. Yes, a U-boat was captured during WWII, not by us, but by you (the British)

2. Specific type? Chieftan, Challanger, Challanger II, Ferret, Fox, etc.

3. Not as far as I know.

A quick amendment to my previous post. the US did not capture one in the manner portrayed in the movie U571 (that was the Brits), but we did capture U505, which still sits in Chicago.

The significant point about the U571 film was that it purported to show that the Americans captured the Enigma machine, rather than the British who were actually responsible.

Good CO said:
Non UK passport and some sort of military connection an advantage.
bubblehead said:
Does BH's two weeks in the Girl Scouts count as 'a Military Connection'?

Good CO said:
Embarrassed edit: Got to go back on what I wrote here yesterday. Non yours GH - earlier invasion didn't win friends! It's also fair enough that someone outside the EU (Kiwi, American etc) would be more appropriate.

Thanks for the offer though.
Bugger .....

I will put my hand up. Non UK Passport holder, outside EU and 3 weeks in Boys Brigade.

ViroBono said:
The significant point about the U571 film was that it purported to show that the Americans captured the Enigma machine, rather than the British who were actually responsible.
Picky, picky, picky. But I believe I made my point.

BlackHand said:
Good CO said:
Non UK passport and some sort of military connection an advantage.
bubblehead said:
Does BH's two weeks in the Girl Scouts count as 'a Military Connection'?
You're just jealous because the Girl Scouts are more of a military connection than the Boy's Brigade.

E

error_unknown

There's an initation process to go through first though :wink: ..
Test one :!: ...
Get me..er I mean Backdoorbinty unbanned and back into GIJargon for the sixth time using your powers of negotiation and persuasion...GO! :lol: