WANTED - Map of Falkland Islands

Discussion in 'Classified Ads' started by Plastic Squaddie, Mar 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. WANTED - Map of Falkland Islands, ideally in a digital format, but anything considered, especially of military type.
  2. Are you still in mate? TA or otherwise. If you get intouch with your local Geo section/map store people they should be able to print you one out. You can order maps that are not available locally through the system for official purposes.

3. try the University of Texas online maps (Perry Castenada)

type "university of texas maps" into google

They have the best maps online in all sizes
  4. Hi All

Many thanks - I have already found and looked at the sites listed and the maps on offer are too tourist oriented or lacking in detail.

Unfortnuately I am no longer serving - been out yonks, and have no access to military map sources.
  5. Then contact ordinance servey http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/oswebsite/

FI is British, so i would have thought it comes under their remit. The're probably the ones to contact if you want a map with any detail.

6. Thanks again - but no dice, strangely they don't cover the Falklands.
  7. Contact the Argentinian military then, they seemed to know their way around in 82 :wink:

8. Rob,

Check your inbox.

9. PM sent - cheers.
  10. i had one on an old mattress you could've had
  11. Stangely enough Google is available to all, found these myself ages ago. What I was looking for - and have since found - was detailed hi-res digital or paper maps of the F.I.

Thanks all. Search now over.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.