WANTED: Laptop with built in webcam

Discussion in 'Classified Ads' started by accidentalscaley, Jun 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i've seen a laptop in Dell and PC World, with 160gb hard drive, 3 gb memory, all the boll0cks in it, with built in webcam. They're punting them out for about 470 quid. I want 2 but don't fancy paying top wack for them, if you know what i mean! Any one sort me out?
  2. Nice one kaostech. Can you hook these up to the tele, so i can set up the web cam, so my wife and kids can see me on the big screen and vice versa, when i'm away on yet another op or course?
  3. Already got the cable, for my existing laptop. As long as you can i'm happy. So many thanks for that
  4. Good bit of advice on pcs and other electricals:

Never buy them from pc world, curries, dixons etc.

These shops are rip off merchants and you can buy identical electronics for literally hundreds of pounds cheaper.

The same goes for jessops etc for cameras. I searched on google shopping for an expensive camera, jessops came up with a price that was 1k more expensive than internet shops; In a word, insane!

If you want a laptop, buy it online for the cheapest price, or if you want a pc, i recommend buying it prebuilt online from a shop such as komplett.co.uk, or self building(even cheaper)

5. Try to use kelko this searches for the best option and least expensive
  6. Argos have a sale on with some good notebook computer's
  7. If it's just a cheep laptop with a web cam you're after have a think about an Asus Eee PC. They're in PC World for under £200.00. I've got one to supplement my main PC and they're the mutts nuts.