Wanted: issued softie

Mine is fecked and as it cannot be exchanged i am hoping somebody may have a spare. Im not likley to get issued another due to leaving very soon.

charliecharlieone said:
Mine is fecked and as it cannot be exchanged i am hoping somebody may have a spare. Im not likley to get issued another due to leaving very soon.

What the fcuk is an "issued softie"?
....... well it gives your thread a "bump".

Somebody must have a couple........amount of tours flying about........

Here you go:

Bivvy Jacket

£20 inc VAT.

Be patient with delivery though, took a fortnight of chasing to get them to post my first order out.

verticalgyro said:
smudge67 said:
When were softies "issued"??
Been on issue for 2/3 years now at least. I'm on my second one already because although they are a good bit of kit, they aren't especially hard wearing, and I know they're not an outer layer before anyone says that...

Combined with the trousers you can look like a proper lunatic.
How things have changed since my day :wink:

Well in that case, if anyone has a bukshee they'd like to swap for some beers I'd love one. XL please :)

verticalgyro said:
smudge67 said:
Been on issue for 2/3 years now at least. I'm on my second one already because although they are a good bit of kit, they aren't especially hard wearing, and I know they're not an outer layer before anyone says that...

I got issued with a set to go to Iraq in 2003, so more like 5 and a half years now. Not a great bit of kit. Not as warm as a real Softie, and not very hardwaring. Better off with a Buffalo!

The issue bivvy jacket is fine provided you know its durability limitations. I've barely taken mine off over the last month or so. One advantage of reversibility is that any damage is easily rectified by turning it inside-out. They's well toasty. Don't get a Grade 1 surplus jobbie though, as they're invariably tatty or totally mashed.

Mr Happy

LE
freedomman said:
Here you go:

Bivvy Jacket

£20 inc VAT.

Be patient with delivery though, took a fortnight of chasing to get them to post my first order out.
So I took a look at that site, the jackets are in M or L only, I presume there is a an XL (or is L as large as it gets). So I'll have to keep searching.

smudge67 said:
verticalgyro said:
smudge67 said:

How things have changed since my day :wink:

Well in that case, if anyone has a bukshee they'd like to swap for some beers I'd love one. XL please :)
Woah hang on smudge.......i was first...........Gents PM if you can help!!

I was finally issued my softee about 4 months before the end of my 22 years due to stores not having any left during initial issue, zip went 2 months later, took it back and got it exchanged, when I went to hand my kit in they didnt want it back, so I still have it. Try exchanging it, they may do it.

Filbert Fox said:
I was finally issued my softee about 4 months before the end of my 22 years due to stores not having any left during initial issue, zip went 2 months later, took it back and got it exchanged, when I went to hand my kit in they didnt want it back, so I still have it. Try exchanging it, they may do it.
Only issued as part of Ops packet, and i dont intend to do anymore Ops, also now at a training establishment so no Ops kit availiible.

I last deployed at the end of 2004, I left end of 2007.

Filbert Fox said:
I last deployed at the end of 2004, I left end of 2007.
Aha........i stand corrected......so can i have yours then.........ta..

One of the best cold weather bits of kit they have issued. I'm practically living in mine at the moment. Worn under a normal winter berghaus jacket and you're laughing. Cracking bit of kit.