Wanted - ideas for next 6 months till AOSB...

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by Green_Wellies, Apr 21, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've been TA now for 12 months, did briefing in Dec and Main Board last week, which - sadly - I didn't pass. I'm still awaiting the feedback and attempting not to be too hacked off but seeing as my letter mentioned about having another go etc, I'm taking it that I will have the option to try again. But not for 6 months...
    And that's what's got me thinking. I know a lot of chaps who fail on the first go are told to clear off and join the TA and then have another swing. Seeing as I'm already in the TA, I want to fill the next 6 months with something productive and useful. I'm RAC not inf but have good phys and was thinking of things like P Coy, All Arms Commando; something that would show I'm not a one dimensional TAPO.
    Any thoughts?
  2. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

All of those things show you to be a one dimensional TAPO as they are all geared around the TA. All they show is that you want to do physical things. If you are already fit enough for main board, why concentrate your efforts on the things you have passed?

Aim for something outside of the green system but I would suggest waiting until you have had the feedback as you can then tailor your activities to address your shortcomings (if possible).
  3. Travelling?
  4. I agree that I can only focus properly once I've got the feedback but I'm keen to avoid the sense that I'm treading water with the TA and seeing as I can't push ahead with my TAPO training at the moment, I thought this might be a good chance to look at doing something different with the green machine while I await the 6 months to elapse; perhaps something I wouldn't otherwise have fitted in.
    Outside of the TA I have my own businesses which sadly, rather preclude any serious travelling.
  5. why not just masturbate like a rabid chimp?
  8. Don't bring your fancy 'reading the topic' replies in here thank you very much they are NOT welcome. :D

<acquires coat>