• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Wanted from Afghanistan, Bayonets

Having been out there in 2005-6 I saw a great deal of German Sawback Bayonets in the two authorised markets in Kabul.
I am very interested in obtaining some of these and will pay cash for any that come my way, please PM me if you can help, Paul

Attachments

Nah you dont want those, they look carp in your osprey loops.

Let me guess, they are available dirt cheap over there, but a tidy sum over here?

Maybe he lives in Manchester and wants it for self protection

if you get more than one im interested,, nice ww1 butcher bayonets..
heard of ww1 rifles coming out but,, not the ancilleries..nice with the frog too.

Hugh_Jardon said:
gi_barbie said:
you've got to be a serious head fcuk trying to advertise for stuff like that on a site like this one!!!! dumb ass
Err... Why?
Why? Maybe because if you get caught with a couple of those in your Bergan on the way back from the Stan, it wont be your family your going home to it'll be big bubba.

wwi german helmets are also available out there so im told 16s and 18 pat,, with lugs..
also interested...and before any muppets get going they are for a registered military museum.. ok..

gi_barbie said:
you've got to be a serious head fcuk trying to advertise for stuff like that on a site like this one!!!! dumb ass
Is there anything wrong in collecting such items?

Or is the outrage just purely because it is a knife?

tommy_cooker said:
Those things got banned by the Germans during world war 1 didn't they? Too gruesome
Common urban legend. They were actually designed for engineer/pioneer units - Infantry etc carried non-sawbacked ones. British troops encountering them drew the obvious conclusion though, and there are a lot of stories about executing guys found with them (See 'All Quiet on the Western Front', somewhere) and because of these stories, boxhead nigs who were issued them were often advised to 'lose' them or grind the saw off. After the war however, I think they were banned due to some clause in either the Treaty of Versailles, or the Geneva convention... not 100% sure on that one though.
Certainly there is evidence of German soldiers being ordered to grind the saw part down by their officers.

Edited to say: Damn, BarceBandit got there first!

cunexttuesday said:
Hugh_Jardon said:
gi_barbie said:
Err... Why?
Why? Maybe because if you get caught with a couple of those in your Bergan on the way back from the Stan, it wont be your family your going home to it'll be big bubba.
Why? Contrary to media opinion, owning something long and sharp is not illegal, nor does it mean the owner is preparing for a killing spree.
I've got an extensive collection of pointy things and don't mug old ladies.

you'd probably find yourself in quite a bit of trouble trying to smuggle one of out afhgan thats for sure. it's not the best move in the world!!

Nothing wrong with collecting Militaria - I just sold a load of my German stuff K98 bayonet and medals etc. Problem is bringing home a bayonet from an operational theatre

you dont have to smuggle it declare it as a collectors item..for you.. mess ect.. not a prob..goes in the weapons bundle--