Wanted: Former Peacekeepers for TV Documentary AMMENDED

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Clarity1, May 1, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. THIS HAS BEEN AMMENDED FOR CLARIFICATION AFTER SPEAKING WITH ONE OF YOUR MEMBERS

I am a Documentary Director developing a 60 minute network TV documentary about former British soldiers who were once Peacekeepers for UN or NATO, in places as diverse as Haiti to the Balkans; Africa to Cyprus and so on. Such contributors can live anywhere in the UK.

In this film I am hoping to highlight the realities and challenges of such a role whether it be within conflicts themselves or countries with changing political landscapes. I hope that such a film will be shown either on or close to Armistice Day, to bring to the public’s attention such often forgotten work.

I AM CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR 4/ 5 CONTRIBUTORS WHO WERE ‘BLUE BERETS/ HELMETS’ and were ACTIVELY INVOLVED in the PEACEKEEPING process. These people would be filmed recounting their stories on camera.

In addition to filming in the UK, it is our proposal TO TAKE THE CONTRIBUTOR BACK TO THE COUNTRY IN QUESTION – WHETHER IT BE BOSNIA OR CYPRUS, SIERRA LEONE or RWANDA etc.

In case you would like some more info about the company I work with, Clarity Productions please seewww.producingclarity.com.

Should anyone be interested they can either reach me on 0141 221 8823 or stephen@producingclarity.com.

Many thanks
    Stephen Bennett
    Producer/ Director

2. Sounds like an interesting project.

3. Is this cleared with the COs? Just a question.

MsG

4. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

5. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Whats it pay?

6. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Stupid me, I thought this was on one of my forums. Regardless, CO's had already given permission.