Wanted-expert opinion-RMAS Instructors

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by Ventress, Mar 1, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Just wanted an expert opinion, as the AMS doesnt see a problem!

2. I'm far from an expert, but I've known some SNCOs who went, and some who didn't. The factory gets to pick and choose, and generally they seem to pick the exceptional. You can be bloody good, and still not get picked up for it.

My DS SSgt was RMP (Oooncle Billy, he of the Rottweiler fixation) and who described it as six months of courses (PSBC, etc, etc - an MP at Brecon ? ;) )....but a hell of a good bloke.

One of the PSIs from my TA unit applied for it; got to the factory for their assessment, but was one of the 50% who didn't make the cut (in his case, it was no career hindrance - he made RSM).

One of the PSIs in my current TA unit has done a tour there; and I can't think of anyone with a bigger sign around their neck saying "RSM (designate)", and I'm still learning from him :)

3. Only the best go to RMAS - and you have to be not only very high calibre but possess the right character as well.

It is a tough job ............ only for the best. But that does not exclude RAMC. If you think you are the right candidate - then go for it. You make your own luck in life !  :)

4. the first non-infantry QM is about to start RMAS soon, from the cav no less.