Wanted: English shotgun

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by msr, Aug 25, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a side by side English shotgun?

Other details: 12 bore, ejectors, must take modern cartridges, can't afford the big names. Budget by PM

msr

2. I advise you to take a look through the pages of Gun Mart or any of the other shooting comics, like Shooting Times. If you are buying new, then you are VERY limited to anything English less than the price of a small family car.

If you are buying used, then the sky is still the limit, up to, say £100K or so.

tac

3. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

You mean you didn't inherit your Grandfather's?

Peasant.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

The only shotgun you inherited from your grandpa was sawn off. And that's only because your gran successfully hid it from the rozzers.

5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Please remember that even William Evans buys in his guns from Spain and finishes them in Banbury, this apparently makes them English!

6. If your budget's not that impressive, it's hard to go wrong with an AYA. Doesn't have the same cachet but it shoots just the same.

7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

There are a few BSA and Webleys in the september auctions at Holts.

8. msr

msr LE

9. I have a fine Midland SBS 12#, 1/4 3/4 choke 31" barrels. Nice Walnut stock but non-ejector.

10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

The ejectors might be a drama, adds anything up to 300 notes onto what is basically a sound English sbs for what purpose? Fashion that is all!
    I wanted a turkish 3" magnum ejector when I started, I ended up with a non ejector aya yeoman for half the price and to be honest apart from the small bores its bagged the most game!

11. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

You need to be more specific on what your budget is.

Your post basically reads like this:

Wanted; Car, must be German, diesel and have 4/5 seats.

12. What's the stock length?

13. I would have to check as it's with a colleague in Scotland (I'm working abroad at the moment), but I am a big bloke - 6'1", long arms and it fits like a glove.