Discussion in 'Classified Ads' started by delinquent, May 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My old mans a gypsy, well not quite, but after serving 22+ years he sold up and went caravanning.

Well now he is doing caravan wardening and would like a copy of DPM waterprooofs for doing his ground work in when the weather isn't as good. I have seen some around quite cheap but for the life of me can't think of where.

Any suggestions?
  2. Why DPM? Does he need to blend in to the trees? Is he actually there to spy on caravanners?

He'd be better off going to Milletts and getting some superior civilian waterproofs.
  3. You mean the crisp packet type where the seams leaked, made too much noise, more moisture on the inside....ahhhh...happy days
  4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I have a set of goretex kicking round, whats his size?
  5. ugly I'll pm you
  6. Well I too asked him the question of why these and he said they would be a lot cheaper than buying civvy gucci kit. Looking on the web and shops online he'd be right.
  7. If you are anywhere near a "McArthur Glen" outlet mall, they have Helly Hensen and Mountain Warehouse shops in them that sometimes sell off wet-weather gear for silly prices. Worth looking in.
  8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Just tried them on, the jacket would at a squeeze but the trousers are tiny for an adult. I suspect when my lad wore them to cadets someone did a mix and match.
  9. Try e-bay, I know it sounds silly, but I picked up a set of DPM Goretex for a tenner!