Wanted - carpenter/electrician/whatever (cash paid)

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by napier, Jun 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. napier

napier LE Moderator Reviewer

I'm in the process of buying a house near SPTA and I got a local builder to recce some jobs. The sod has not got back in touch and I'm threaders with the attitude of civvy builders who think they are doing you a favour by maybe/sometime actually doing some work for your money.

Call me Mr Rose Tinted Specs, but I have generally been impressed by the attitude and professionalism of Sappers, and the Army website claims that your artizans are well trained. So are there any tradesmen (or women) in the SPTA area who fancy a bit of off duty work?

The priority work will consist of a couple of stud walls with plasterboard and drylining/plastering plus door hanging and some electrical switches (subdividing rooms). There is more, but I haven't had the survey done yet so don't know the full scope - suffice it so say that this could be a profitable summer job for several people. I'm hoping to exchange/complete in the next few weeks so this would probably be Jul/Aug time.

Drop me a PM if you are interested (and qualified - no amateurs please).
  2. napier

bump - If anyone from further afield is interested, I can provide accommodation on site - and there is a pub 50m away!
  3. Who would want to moonlight while they're on Army wages?
  4. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?
  5. Where are you at Napier :?
  6. napier

The house is north of SPTA (W) near Keevil (East of Trowbridge/South of Melksham). I'm in MQ, so the house could be used as accom while the work is done. I intend to spend as much time as poss there doing DIY level/labouring tasks once I've completed on the sale (hopefully in the next couple/few weeks).

For those that are interested I can email a copy of the floor plan with a rough assessment of the work to be done, then sort a recce to estimate on the work.