Wanted - Android App Tester

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Good CO, Dec 21, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

We have an Android app waiting in the wings and I'm looking for a volunteer tester - someone who uses more than the basic ARRSE features.<br><br><br>
  2. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

I'll give it a go if you want? Android on HTC and am currently on Tapatalk which I use for moderating on the go and such.
  3. A2_Matelot

A2_Matelot LE Book Reviewer

I'm up for it too, noting now you've altered the site my android wont let me see the full site, even your full site link doesn't work.
  4. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Yup, were aware of that and GCO is working on it.

In the meantime if you log out the it will (should) allow you to change back to the full site ...... honest!
  5. I'm happy to test it for you Boss. Android on HTC, Just let me know.
  6. terroratthepicnic

terroratthepicnic LE Reviewer Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Runners

I would be happy to test it. Andriod on Galaxy S II.
  7. Another volunteer (HTC Desire, Android 2.2)
  8. ill have a go android on samsung galaxy s2
  9. Desire HD here, if you want to test it on more models
  10. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

If you are also looking for someone who is an absolute 'pooter biff to see if the app is ARRSEer proof :) I'm yer man!
  11. I'm pretty crap when it comes to apps, generally that's why my phone send notifications at 2am as I forgot to try to turn those bits off.
    I've got a Samsung Galaxy Ace. Froyo 2.2 (migth be 2.1 though, I can check somehow).

Plus it'll really help the spelling in my posts go up the creek (it's prety lame at the mintue) becuase I use swype and there's nothing like swype to say what you really didn't mean to!

Wil you be able to pay through paypal for the app? I just have never paid for an app in 8 months I've had my phone, but an Arrse one I WOULD.
  12. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Thanks for all the replies and I apologise for being so slow in coming back to you. Instead of a load of PMs and app emailing, here it is for all to try:

You will have to tell your android device to allow applications from outside the Market to install this. On my HTC Desire, you install HTC Sync on your PC, plug your phone into the USB cable, then on the PC just double click on the file above to install it on the phone.

This is an app from the makers of the ARRSE software, the well respected VBulletin, which is then ARRSE branded and made to work specifically with this site. I add that so that you know it's not some dodgy cheapo software that will kill your phone or steal your secrets.

Any problems and comments here please.
  13. Thanks Boss. Loaded up a treat, nice easy login seems the business. Will have a serious play over the hols and try to destroy it.
  14. Looks good. Posting from it now.

Couldn't find a search function.

And what are the two buttons on the left above "Add title"?
  15. I'll give it a go. Android HTC Desire HD. Only use basic features on the phone, as everything is a bit tricky. It needs an app.

Use my phone for stuff more and more these days as most paces I go have good wi-fi or 3G signals