WANTED: an xl Barbour International m/c jacket. PLEASE !!

Discussion in 'Classified Ads' started by dogs_bollox, Jul 19, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Looking for the above jacket in a C46 / C48 (46"- 48" chest or thereabouts). Green-ish or black. Preferably from a non smoker.

2. Thanks Sunray. I always keep a weather eye on Ebay but was trying here too to broaden the search.

Most of the ones on ebay are the trendy ones but I am specifically looking for the old, waxed motorcycle jacket. You know the type: tarten lines, heavyweight wax cotton, slanted left breast pocket. Unchanged since the 30's. Unbeatable !

Cheers again, Dogs
  3. Tried the Barbour factory shop in Newcastle ?
  4. Cheers Jarrod. Didn't know they had one to be honest. I do now ! I'll be tracking them down and giving them a call. I don't mind a 'slight second' for the right price !

5. It's excellent, great prices and loads of nice kit. Worth a visit.
  6. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

Nato motorcycle jacket
    NSN 226- 8415-99-130-2565
    I've a 46 and it's neat.
    Not for sale though but it's also somewhere else to look. Surprised the hell out of me.
    Typical barbour cold not like the new stuff. But it looks as cool as a cool thing
  7. black waxed cotton m/c jacket? are you thinking of 'belstaff' ..plenty on e-bay but fetching big money.
  8. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

I've got one of those but it's a git at 80 on an unfaired bike. And I'm not selling it either, sorry!
  9. And the reason you posted ?????????????????????? I've had one before so know them exactly for their good and bad points. I didn't need to know you have one that's not for sale though. But thanks for taking time out of your dope-smoking life to let me know ! :)
  10. Nope. I meant Barbour. I don't like the Belstaff ones myself. Barbour were making m/c clothing long before Belstaff !

And I'm after the bikers one and not some trendy shi'ite.
  11. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

The pleasure was all mine!
  12. I have a large and little worn black m/c jacket as worn by a large police force. I think it's a Scott whatever one of those is.
    Free to anyone in the N Surrey area who can collect (it's heavy).
    My motor cycling days being over.
  13. Not at all Forastero, I too had a little snigger over your post ! :)

Ride safe fella.
  14. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

You too chap.