Wanted AIA rifle in 7.62x39mm

Bouillabaisse

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm after a new toy for full bore plinking on the ETR, if nothing else to save me a bit of cash. I can get through 200 rounds of .308 in a morning and I can't afford to do that too often. If anyone's got an AIA for sale, or knows someone who might be selling I'm interested.

Ta

PC271358.jpg

Attachments

In the third image I get the distinct impression that I'm looking at five 99% identical rifles.
In the third image I get the distinct impression that I'm looking at five 99% identical rifles.

tac

To reply to all:

Scope = bushnell 1.5-5x20. I like short, straight scopes. Cost me about 90 quid, shot the groups below with it.
Not really using it = not at the moment, no... wish I was/had the opportunity to.
unbelievably ugly = it's called Frankenrifle for a reason.

Beat 1/3 of the semi-auto shooters at a couple of short-range practical comps in Holland with it. short-range (20m and less) 42 shot stage in about 60 seconds, with movement and mag changes :D

ugly

LE
Tried Guntrader et al. Can I "tacticool" a CZ?
Yes and if you get the American you get a good stock and longer barrel. Riflecraft did Claypig a lovely rebarrel of a 527 in Grendel so once the barrel is shot out a new calibre beckons or you could get an almost new barrel from me for a carbine!
Boyds do nice 527 stocks and holts usually have one in auction!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Bouillabaisse

LE
Book Reviewer
Sounds expensive. I'm after something cheap and cheerful for knocking over plates at 300m and with a bit of a military look to feed my walt tendencies. Holts have a couple of Rem 700's in .223 in their next auction. I might pop up and have look.

ugly

LE
Sounds expensive. I'm after something cheap and cheerful for knocking over plates at 300m and with a bit of a military look to feed my walt tendencies. Holts have a couple of Rem 700's in .223 in their next auction. I might pop up and have look.
Expensive? I don't think so I have seen them go for £100 or less for no other reason than they aren't remchesters!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

As an ex owner of one, I have to ask: Why? They are proper shit.

Get something in 5.56x45/223 Rem. They are great for plinking.
From my limited understanding of plinking I wonder if a .22 would be a good option? I see the OP mentions getting through 200 rounds in a morning and not being able to afford to do that too often, not many could I suspect. Get a small bore and many mornings of intense plinking might be on the cards.

From my limited understanding of plinking I wonder if a .22 would be a good option? I see the OP mentions getting through 200 rounds in a morning and not being able to afford to do that too often, not many could I suspect. Get a small bore and many mornings of intense plinking might be on the cards.
...ah, just saw from the OP the need for knocking over plates at 300m. I understand that some people shoot .22 out to and beyond this range but knocking over plates at that distance might be too much for .22

Bouillabaisse

LE
Book Reviewer
Interestingly, today at the ETR there was a bloke using a Ruger 10/22. He was knocking the falling plate over at 100m and did pretty well at 300m in the Mad Minute (strikes on target, not knocking them over). I shall take mine down next time and give it a try.

To reply to all:

Scope = bushnell 1.5-5x20. I like short, straight scopes. Cost me about 90 quid, shot the groups below with it.
Not really using it = not at the moment, no... wish I was/had the opportunity to.
unbelievably ugly = it's called Frankenrifle for a reason.

Beat 1/3 of the semi-auto shooters at a couple of short-range practical comps in Holland with it. short-range (20m and less) 42 shot stage in about 60 seconds, with movement and mag changes :D
Now you are showing off!

Latest Threads