Wanted AIA rifle in 7.62x39mm

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by Bouillabaisse, Sep 1, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

I'm after a new toy for full bore plinking on the ETR, if nothing else to save me a bit of cash. I can get through 200 rounds of .308 in a morning and I can't afford to do that too often. If anyone's got an AIA for sale, or knows someone who might be selling I'm interested.

Ta

PC271358.jpg

Attached Files:

2. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Haven't AIA gone tits up as of last year?

3. In the third image I get the distinct impression that I'm looking at five 99% identical rifles.
    In the third image I get the distinct impression that I'm looking at five 99% identical rifles.
    In the third image I get the distinct impression that I'm looking at five 99% identical rifles.

tac

4. can't have mine ;)

[​IMG]

5. What's the scope there, Stoatman?

tac

6. Bouillabaisse

Why not? You're not really using it. Sell it to a good home.

7. Thats unbelivably ugly stoatman

8. To reply to all:

Scope = bushnell 1.5-5x20. I like short, straight scopes. Cost me about 90 quid, shot the groups below with it.
    Not really using it = not at the moment, no... wish I was/had the opportunity to.
    unbelievably ugly = it's called Frankenrifle for a reason.

Beat 1/3 of the semi-auto shooters at a couple of short-range practical comps in Holland with it. short-range (20m and less) 42 shot stage in about 60 seconds, with movement and mag changes :D

9. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Try wednesbury marksmen or the usual guntrader type sites

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

10. As an ex owner of one, I have to ask: Why? They are proper shit.

Get something in 5.56x45/223 Rem. They are great for plinking.

11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Or get a CZ 527 in either calibre!

12. Bouillabaisse

Tried Guntrader et al. Can I "tacticool" a CZ?

13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Yes and if you get the American you get a good stock and longer barrel. Riflecraft did Claypig a lovely rebarrel of a 527 in Grendel so once the barrel is shot out a new calibre beckons or you could get an almost new barrel from me for a carbine!
    Boyds do nice 527 stocks and holts usually have one in auction!

14. Bouillabaisse

Sounds expensive. I'm after something cheap and cheerful for knocking over plates at 300m and with a bit of a military look to feed my walt tendencies. Holts have a couple of Rem 700's in .223 in their next auction. I might pop up and have look.

15. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Expensive? I don't think so I have seen them go for £100 or less for no other reason than they aren't remchesters!