Wanted, a team of site function / look complainers

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Good CO, May 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I have a new front page nearly ready for the site, and am asking for bids from developers to take the design and apply it to the rest of the site.

What I would like to do this time is form a team of about 5 users who can critique the design, then deal directly with the developer who takes it on to be a full site 'theme'.

The ideal people would be those who regularly post constructive criticism in this forum - Blue Sophist springs to mind as No 1 (Blue Sophist?). A new private forum will be started for this, where I will post more info.

This is a chance to bypass me to a certain extent and demand 'that button here' etc from a developer.
  2. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

I have replied to your PM anyway :wink:
  3. Not sure how you'd feel about it, but if the purpose is to critique the design per se then how about one of the ArmyNET lads, since they deal with web tech every day?
  4. blue-sophist

I haven't asked him, but Meridian is doing the new Slingsby web-site development and understands this clever stuff.
  5. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

Would not mind at all providing constructive feedback, count me in if you need to fill up a spare slot.
  6. blue-sophist

Ignore my post on the Ops Room about email ... I see you've arrived! :wink:
  7. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

I'm happy to help if needed. I'm mostly constructive when being critical :)
  8. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Thanks for the volunteers, so that's Sixty, Blue Sophist, Meridian.

Sixty would you mind being No1? This will just mean deciding what the poor developer gets told if there's disagreement. I will open a forum for this today.

I will post a screenshot of the new design in there, and then try to get a working model on line by tomorrow at the latest.
  9. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

No worries Boss.
  10. I'm available if you like. As a Neanderthal when it comes to Web stuff, it could be useful to have a non-expert's view...
  11. Free to help after monday when I finish uni have helped, design and create websites in the past.

But think I fail on GCO comments on constructive postings
  12. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

I'm availble & I have plenty of spare time at the mo,Boss if you want me.
    (And I know a bit about PC stuff & like)
  13. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I was hoping you'd turn up Spike. Last 3 all accepted and we'll call a halt there for now. Especially as there's nothing much to see yet! You'll find a new forum at the bottom of this category in a few moments.

14. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I'll open this again as we could do with another couple of complainers. If you normally take an interest in layout etc., and would like to contribute over the next couple of days to the imminent change of appearance of ARRSE then please let me know on here.

It's a bonus if you have an idea of the working of webpages, but not essential.

Help appreciated - thanks.
  15. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Ability to post a screenshot is also helpful in this job.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.