Wanted: 80s Style desert boots

#1
I've been looking around the net, but all I can find are pretty crap 'casual' type shoes that various manufacturers have labelled desert boots (they look like shoes!). Can any find or recommend a decent pair of traditional looking desert boots for casual wear (NOT combat types) like wot-we-used-to-ave?
 

Schaden

LE
Book Reviewer
#4
oddly enough I found a shoe shop in Wimbledon (of all places) that does them - think they have a website - weill dig it out.
 
#7
BATA used to do a nice line in Aden for about 10/-!
Clarkes still make a reasonably good imitation of the original though they're selling them over here for $135.!!
 
#8
Gungythree said:
Speedy said:
I've been looking around the net, but all I can find are pretty crap 'casual' type shoes that various manufacturers have labelled desert boots (they look like shoes!). Can any find or recommend a decent pair of traditional looking desert boots for casual wear (NOT combat types) like wot-we-used-to-ave?
Fill yer boots mate 8)


http://www.christophershoes.co.uk/Products/Mens/Boots/Desert_Boots_list.html
That is exactly what I was after, many thanks :)
 
#9
Speedy said:
Gungythree said:
Speedy said:
I've been looking around the net, but all I can find are pretty crap 'casual' type shoes that various manufacturers have labelled desert boots (they look like shoes!). Can any find or recommend a decent pair of traditional looking desert boots for casual wear (NOT combat types) like wot-we-used-to-ave?
Fill yer boots mate 8)


http://www.christophershoes.co.uk/Products/Mens/Boots/Desert_Boots_list.html
That is exactly what I was after, many thanks :)
Scroll down for the Ghillie tie boots
 

engr172

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
#10
To be honest the ones from Millets in Liverpool are the business I think
 
#12
Busterdog said:
BATA used to do a nice line in Aden for about 10/-!
Clarkes still make a reasonably good imitation of the original though they're selling them over here for $135.!!
£60 (GBP) in their Oxford Street stores.
 
#13
Gungythree said:
Speedy said:
I've been looking around the net, but all I can find are pretty crap 'casual' type shoes that various manufacturers have labelled desert boots (they look like shoes!). Can any find or recommend a decent pair of traditional looking desert boots for casual wear (NOT combat types) like wot-we-used-to-ave?
Fill yer boots mate 8)


http://www.christophershoes.co.uk/Products/Mens/Boots/Desert_Boots_list.html


Get you with your blue suede shoes!
Gungythree has left the building. :)
 
#17
It's impossible to get the old style desert boots now unless you pick up a pair of some old fcuker who is throwing his away. The new ones which look identical have round instead of square toes.
 
#18
I lived in these feckers for years



Till they literally fell to bits
 
#20
I'm quitting my job shortly and need something comfortable to work in. I'm currently desk bound and am looking forwards to cycling and walking to my new place (self employed), so want something a bit comfy instead of black shoes (of which there will be a bonfire of (as well as shirts) :)
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top