Wanted 70s issue Bata plimsoles

Hi, I served 67 to 77 and am after a pair of the black issue Bata plimsoles in size 7, 8 or 9. Has anyone still got a pair tucked away in the kit bag they want to sell or better still give away!!! :D

Why would you want them?

They were crap then, and I'm sure they haven't improved over the years!

BTW are your feet of variable size?

Can't think WTF you'd want with a pair of the old road slappers :eek: but
think I've 2 pairs 1 White & 1 black, still polished from Jnr Bleeders (which is probably the last time I wore them).Think they're size 9. By the way should you also want to take the buttonstick,pair of puttees and a pair of draws cellular also (all rarely worn, stored in a MFO box in garage since c1989) and other obselete kit tucked away (in case It may come in usefil, as if :lol: )
Your more then welcome to fill yer boots :D .

I have some in my garage loft together with some old 70's combats if you are interested -their rather fetching in a sick kind of way.

I still have the white pair (size 10 unfortunately) that I had to bull black overnight....

Anyone remember having to put one in each kidney pouch as part of the basic load list during training/beastin....? I used to feel jealous of those who only had size 8 feet and could get the lid closed on the pouches...

Are they the lace up ones, or the elasticated gusset-type ones?

If its the latter, get yerself down to Lahndan, statrt a fight in any given pub in the Mets TAOR and make sure you're covered in blood/vomit.,all down you, like.

The lovely boys in Blue (or more accurately black and white) will scoop you up and take you back to a beautifully appointed custody suite. Once you are booked in they will carefully strip you and.......

Hey presto, a brand new set of casual sweat wear and on your 'plates'.....brand new gutties!

And that, is a right touch.