Wanted 7.62 50rd Ammunition box dividers.

Discussion in 'Classified Ads' started by EX_STAB, May 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone remember these?

Green plastic open box with dividers to take 50 rds of 7.62 ball etc.
    I think they must have fitted four to metal ammunition box.

Anyway if anyone has a shed full of them gathering dust I could use a few.

Cheers!

2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

The only 2 I have I keep for reloading!

3. Well what did you think I wanted them for - storing crayons? :D

4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Thats pretty much what the DS used them for, I'll keep an eye out, not literally!

5. Warminster have loads, pop in and speak to the Ammo Techs there, i'm sure they will square you away.

6. I hate the things - you either need a long fingernail to hook one round out at a time, or you tip the box and get an avalanche of all 50...

Ping me when you're next down south at Bisley; I have 16-20 full of ammo, which I can decant into usable boxes.

7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I could use a couple but I do need 2 King screws with swivels for a No.4.

8. Might be down for the Phoenix - probably not though.

Am I right about them fitting the H84 metal ammunition boxes that 7.62 link comes in?

I'll have the lot if they do. (Well Ugly can have one or two I suppose...) ;)

9. You get 8 of them - or 400 rnds - in the standard ball ammo box thats 29cm(l) x 14cm(w) x 18cm(d).

Not sure if they fit in the link box - maybe two go in lengthways with another two on top....?

10. That would be fine, I can always turn up one or more of those boxes. I'll give you a ring over the weekend.

11. I bought about 70 of them from Norman Clark to store all of my 303 reloadable brass in, http://www.normanclark.com/
    I think at the time they were about 50p ~ 70p? each and he sent them out mail order, they are getting to be a difficult item to track down these days.

12. No they won't fit in a H84 they will fit in a H82 which is very slightly larger and was used for Detonators. The two are easy to get confused unless you are a sad box spotting AT like me :oops:

13. Whats wrong with "Box spotting!?!

I was at a nice little club last night where I throughly enjoyed "Box Spotting!"..........;)

14. I don't recall seeing any at Norman's. He usually has the MTM caseguard ones but they're expensive and don't stack well or fit neatly in any kind of outer or box.

Thanks all the same and thanks Dingerr for the correct box to look for.

15. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Its always worth giving him a call, a mate helps out there occaisionally and we have a reasonable relationship.