Want to transfer to the RMPs

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by marshall23, Jan 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm currently with 6 reg rlc in dulmen Germany but want to transfer to the rmp's but not totally sure what grades i need to do this. If i don't have the grades is there no chance of me getting in? Also what training would i need to do i have been told just phase 2 is that true? Any info would be much appreciated. thanks in advance.
  2. Wah hat on

Improve your grammer and written English in general for starters, don't call them RMP's as there is no such thing as police's, then go to your local unit for an informal discussion prior to applying for an official attachement (at least they used to do attachments in my day).

Wah hat off.
  3. I think you may be mistaken there old chap. £5 on it.
  4. In the context dear chap, in the context - Royal Military Police's is not a term used to describe the organisation
  5. Never mind fecker!
  6. You could be right - I've heard them called lots of things but never police's!!

7. this might sound like an arseholey thing to say but i don't believe i've ever met an RLC VT who done well as a monkey...
    the best ones (and worst) i've worked with have been ex-infanteers with the loggies falling somewhere into the "thick and lazy" pile.
  8. If you really must give out advice on grammer[sic], check your own grammar.

RMP´s or police´s what?

Appostrophes indicate only two things: possession, or a missing letter.
  9. Police's is right, in full it would be policers, or maybe it wouldn't
  10. We let the Scottish in who, I think most would agree are pretty thick and terribly lazy so why not RLC?

Anyway, if he is traded as a chef he would be handy at Sect BBQs and if a driver he would be good for staying sober at said BBQ and driving everyone home afterwards. Everyone has some use if you think long and hard enough.
  11. sicks munfs ago ah koodnt evn spel miltry pleesmen now i r wun
  12. My point exactly
  13. Then again, if you're going to offer advice on English usage, you could always check your spelling. One p in apostrophe is adequate.

Furthermore the apostrophe has 3 uses not 2 as you mentioned. The third is used to indicate the pluralization of lower case letters. This is more to clarify typography than for grammatical reasons.

And yes,you're right; the evenings fly past in my house!
  14. Hey there! You did apply a long time ago, but did you go with the appilication? if so, how long did it take you before you heard something back from APC Glasgow!