Want to transfer AFPS 75 ?

I am looking at trsnsfering my Army pension does anyone know any good companies I have found one as anyone heard of them are they legal CI consultancy in Peterborough

Thanks Rob

It suits my needs to do so, frankly.

The CI Associates website lays-out a number of benefits, chief among which are the access at age 55 rather than 60, 100% of my lump-sum going to my widow rather than the current 50%, and getting away from having the Government limit growth to the CPI.

oldbaldy

LE
Bit concerned to see this on CI's website:
We are not authorised to provide financial advice. You will need to obtain independent financial advice from a suitably qualified adviser. We act as introducers to companies who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK or by appropriate authorities in a relevant overseas jurisdiction.

Bit concerned to see this on CI's website:
We are not authorised to provide financial advice. You will need to obtain independent financial advice from a suitably qualified adviser. We act as introducers to companies who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK or by appropriate authorities in a relevant overseas jurisdiction.
Why concerned?

Bad CO

Admin

That of course is the important bit.

CPI is less generous than RPI which isn't great but it is still an increase. It is also government backed which makes it as low risk as you can get. By comparison, I notice that CI Associates hide this bit on the bottom of their page:

Disclaimer

Past performance is not necessarily a guide to future performance, furthermore, the price of shares or investment funds and the income derived from them can go down as well as up.

Personally I'd rather hammer nails into my bits than let "an independent board of discretionary investment managers" be responsible for my financial provision in my old age. Each to their own I guess.

Each to their own I guess.
Indeed. If I was soley reliant on what is a rather small provision under AFPS75, I might not have taken-up the option to transfer, but as has been raised in discussions on another forum, awareness among the eligible of the option to transfer is limited.

The disclaimer is not uncommon - your high street bank will pass-on a similar caveat if you use their services.

oldbaldy

LE

The CI Associates website lays-out a number of benefits, chief among which are the access at age 55 rather than 60, 100% of my lump-sum going to my widow rather than the current 50%, and getting away from having the Government limit growth to the CPI.

What it possibly doesn't make so clear perhaps is: the cumulative and negative effect of significant fund management charges; any exit fees and penalties; and the enormous risk to be taken by relying on the stock market to guarantee any returns. Caveat emptor as they say.

What it possibly doesn't make so clear perhaps is: the cumulative and negative effect of significant fund management charges; any exit fees and penalties; and the enormous risk to be taken by relying on the stock market to guarantee any returns. Caveat emptor as they say.
Not on the website, perhaps, but a comprehensive illustration is provided once CI hear back from AFPS with the details of the individual provision. I'm impressed with their service, but you don't have to take my word for it.

What's yr gut feeling about them do you know any more companies who do this thing
I'm happy with the service they're providing. Dave Clark made a 500 mile round-trip journey to visit me personally with an illustration of the options available to me, and differences between leaving my money in the hands of the Exchequer, and having it work for my benefit were appreciable.

It's worth considering. If it's not for you then walk away, but at least you have an option, one that too few people are aware-of.

I looked at moving my pension from the public to the private sector when I left the army in '87 - it was fashionable in my company at the time, we had lots of ex-mil guys. Two of the three FAs I approached advised against it as the public sector system gave protection against inflation which was up and down like a hoor's drawers at the time.

The two FAs who advised against were bothe ex-mil.

"Dave Clark made a 500 mile round-trip journey to visit me personally"

And he did this out of the goodness of his heart I suppose.
Who wouldn't? Given the chance to get a commission on 16% of your LTA (in my case) ?