Want to rent Cultybraggan ?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by saladin, Jul 11, 2009.

1. An error ?

2. Well shot of it,

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not sure which forum to plank this in - but I happened to drive by Cultybraggan today so swung off the road for a closer look-see. Two years after we sold it to the local community for the sum of £300k ( !) there are contractors at work....

A look at the community website

Shows they are planning to rent out refurb Nissen huts for about £3k a year each.

Personally I still think the sale was a mistake, we are now short of training accommodation....
  2. The word trust immediately raises suspicion
  3. To be fair, I do remember Cultybraggan being a bit of a shit hole near the end of its life
  4. And feezing - in the middle of summer..................you know, that day in Scotland when the sun comes out!!!!
  5. Cultybraggan was pretty good had it been been looked after. Units in Scotland could have used it quite regulary as the facilities were good. However we were bussed to the far south such as Thetford to carry out training, with the same facilities. Scotland had a training camp with potential all be it requiring upgrade. I was last there in 1998 for Ex Bonnie Dundee.
  6. I hope that whoever moves in, every truck misses the entrance and turns into that pr*ck Irvines farm and asks for directions to the old army camp.

7. I wonder if the huts have retained the old wood-burning stoves? Two settings - fckuing freezing and melting hot!
    Happy days.