Want to live longer? Eat like the English!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by vvaannmmaann, Nov 3, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Eating like the English could save 4,000 lives a year in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, a study claims.

People in England eat more fruit and vegetables and less salt and fat, reducing heart disease and some cancers, say Oxford University experts.

BBC News - English-style diet 'could save 4,000' in rest of UK

The obvious downside is an extra 4000 Taffs,Jocks and Paddies strolling around.

2. Well that's me fucked. A diet consisting of steak, eggs, chips, all washed down with a nice cold beer. I'm pretty sure there's all the required food groups there.

3. Well, the Welsh could do with swallowing a bit of pride, the Irish could do with swallowing a bit of aggression and the Scots could do with swallowing a lot of cyanide.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Funny how everything is relative. In England we are told we should follow a "mediteranean" diet for its health benefits.

5. It's not the healthiest of breakfasts though, is it?

6. I wish quite often that the English would swallow their tongues.

• Like Like x 2
  7. fuck that, you'll have to claw the deep fried pizza supper out of my cold dead hands, probably some time in my early 50's

• Like Like x 1
  8. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

Eat like the English. I tried that for two years in the 70s and 80s it was bloody awful. I was starving, start of term turned up for the Liverpool boat with a bag full of bacon, sausages, sodas and spud bread. Block minx (boxhead; sweetheart) did the fry everyone on the floor got a feed and it was the last decent one for three months.

I'd relatives in Deal and the parents were sworn to secrecy every time I hit England, theirs was the last place you wanted to eat. Even funnier was bringing friends home. Forget about getting shot or bombed I'm going to Skids mums for a feed.

9. Do these people know anything about celts. What chance of them following anything English!.I doubt the sales of mars bars and irnbru will plummet.What a good idea.

10. Strange, I was always under the impression that a diet of pizzas, curries, kebabs and chips wasn't at all healthy. I wish these scientists would make up their minds.

11. Swap the beer for farmhouse cider. Five pints. That's the fruit taken care of.

12. The trouble is the Mediterranean diet now consists of McDonalds, pizzas, full English breakfast and pints of John Smiths. The number of complaints on Spanish chat sites that you can't get a decent Indian "like the ones in England" are legion.

13. But surely this would cause a epidemic of effete homosexuality as found in Basingstoke? Next thing it'll be weekly bathing and skin care, we all know where that leads.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Whats thyis black pudding I keep hearing about? Is it really congealed blood in intestine? Fuck me that can't be healthy.

Love a good curry though.

15. What's the fucking point, an extra couple of years shuffling about in piss stained slacks with a stooped back carrying small amounts of food in Tesco carrier bags because you can't lift anything heavy and wearing velcro shoes.

Keep it you English cunts.

• Like Like x 1