Want to join queen Royal lancers.

Ok so I'm 17 and I'm think about joining the army when I'm 18/19. I'm very interested in joining a unit which does recce but I don't have much knowledge about it. So I have a few questions.
I'm from Nottingham so would this be ok or do they only recruit from local areas?
Can I apply for the infantry recce role straight away?
what does training entale?
Many thanks guys in advance!

Why recce if you don't know anything about it? Why not join now? Use our beautiful friend Google to answer your questions and stop being idle!

Bris

LE
@Guns @cpunk - could this be moved to recruiting?

@Laf - The QRL was amalgamated some time ago with 9/12, and are know known as The Royal Lancers, info here: The Royal Lancers - British Army Website

I cannot advise on Phase 1 or 2 training as I didn't join as a soldier, or join the Cavalry.

You should be fine to join from wherever you like.

If you want to do infantry recce, you will need to join an infantry regiment, then hopefully get chosen for recce/patrols platoon. The role of The Royal Lancers recce is quite different.

Why recce if you don't know anything about it? Why not join now? Use our beautiful friend Google to answer your questions and stop being idle!

Because it's his local regiment. Got to start somewhere with the decision making process and he isn't going to learn anything about the Regiment if people keep mugging him off.

@The OP, all I can advise is pop into the Armed Forces career information office on Milton St, next to the Vicky centre and ask there.

Caecilius

LE
Kit Reviewer
Ok so I'm 17 and I'm think about joining the army when I'm 18/19. I'm very interested in joining a unit which does recce but I don't have much knowledge about it. So I have a few questions.
I'm from Nottingham so would this be ok or do they only recruit from local areas?
Can I apply for the infantry recce role straight away?
what does training entale?
Many thanks guys in advance!

If you think you like tanks and armoured recce, you will now join the Royal Armoured Corps and go to do your initial training in bovington. When you're there, you'll be able to choose your regiment. If you want to go down the infantry route then you'll end up in your local regiment or potentially a nationally recruited unit like Rifles or Grenadier Guards.

Head to the recruiting office and get more information. They'll be able to answer all your questions and start the process of joining.

Better off going to the Careers Office to get actual upto date info rather than ask on here.
Because (wrong to start a sentence with because but there you go), chances are;
a. No one has a clue
b. Those who do will have served 30 years ago and only for a month and so will be an expert giving you loads of lies and shit dits they overheard in the Legion/Army-Navy game last year
c. Deliberately give you duff info because we don't like the Donkey Walloping thick as feck mud rolling track pads
Good luck though (it's just bants mate yeah)

Yeah mate no worries and yeah I'm gonna nip in to the careers office in a few weeks when I can get down.
Top tip. Before you go, visit the Army website shared above and do your research, or you'll look like some sap and they'll push you into joining some gash unit, like the RLC or the AGC.

Top tip. Before you go, visit the Army website shared above and do your research, or you'll look like some sap and they'll push you into joining some gash unit, like the RLC or the AGC.

Except they will refer to them properly as Corps (hence the C in the TLA), as anyone who had served would know.

Except they will refer to them properly as Corps (hence the C in the TLA), as anyone who had served would know.
Sorry, I forgot I haven't served.

Latest Threads