Want to get involved with Help 4 Hereos etc at Middle Wallop

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by wanaBairborneATPR, Oct 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am currently nearing the end of my phase 2 training as an Air Trooper. I don't think that the majority of the public and in fact even some soldiers don't realize what charities like Help for Heroes actually do for people in need of such help. I really want to get more involved with charities like these and would love to help raise more money for them. But, as i said i'm still in a training environment so my ideas are limited in the sense to actually be able to do them!!. Has anyone with any experience and knowledge on this subject please help with a few ideas on what i could do to help!?!? Preferably something like a QIP, I hate to talk about something, i'd rather just go and do it. Thanks a lot.

I also came back from Arnhem recently, taking part in the memorial services for the GPR. It was amazing to see the kind of welcoming we got from the dutch, at one point at one of the biggest ceremonies we were applauded by dutch children sitting on the wall as we walked down the street!! It was good to see that the veterans of the GPR are well looked after and that you can actually see what efforts go into their association and into helping them commemorate their comrades and their supreme efforts in the war that they fought. And it's surprising to hear after talking to veterans for hours on end, when talking of their battles, they turn round to you and say, "Awwww, I don't know if I could do what you lads are doing today in Iraq and Afganistan!!!" It nearly knocks you over, to think of what they done!!!! All I can say is that if you've been there at the time of the commemorations you'll know what i mean! If only there was this kind of support and respect in our own country for our veterans and our serving soldiers...........