Want To Be on TV?

Just had this in by email!

I'm getting in touch from BBC2's The Great British Sewing Bee as we are currently inviting applications for Series 2 of the show. We would absolutely love to hear from members of the Army who have picked up a thing or two about sewing in their training and gone on to pursue it as a hobby, or general useful skill! We've already had a couple of applications from ex-service men and those who are currently in the TA, but we'd like to get the word out to the wider community. From previously working on military-based TV shows I know you have a wide readership and I reckon there'll be some keen hobbyist sewers and tailors out there. We would also welcome applications putting their friends or partners forward.

I wonder if you could post something on your site or social networking outlets? Interested sewers can find more information and the application form here:
Be on TV | Love Productions.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I've just pm'd someone who might push up the viewing figures ...
I'm reliably informed that he'd rather dress as a child and sleep in a BBC studio than appear on TV.

I nominate Joker62, he's been on telly before and he's sensitive.
I don't think crime watch counts!

Sent using the power of voodoo and a shite Samsung phone

I wonder if they need crew.

Great show. Watched them all.

You have no Idea how many puns and jokes I have had to stifle.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
not sure if they would approve of my home made smocks, chest rigs and webbing pouches :)

can we send dale? as an alleged woman she should either know all about the suject or we will see a wonderwebbed dress.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I know how to darn socks, and how to remove stripes from No 2 dress following a quick visit to the CO's office! Does that count?

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
oooh sock darning - now that's a lost art you could tour schools with that or hold bushcraft/teotwawki classes.

Sock darning, said sock stretched over a tin of boot polish whilst you used the darning needle your Mum had given you when you departed for Basic. What a feckin waste of time and effort!

To get more applicants, all they have to do is ask for people willing to work as backing Singers!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I think most arrser's are no stranger to appearing on TV - you only have to watch the Jeremy Kyle show to appreciate that.

Latest Threads