• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Want To Be on TV?

Just had this in by email!

I'm getting in touch from BBC2's The Great British Sewing Bee as we are currently inviting applications for Series 2 of the show. We would absolutely love to hear from members of the Army who have picked up a thing or two about sewing in their training and gone on to pursue it as a hobby, or general useful skill! We've already had a couple of applications from ex-service men and those who are currently in the TA, but we'd like to get the word out to the wider community. From previously working on military-based TV shows I know you have a wide readership and I reckon there'll be some keen hobbyist sewers and tailors out there. We would also welcome applications putting their friends or partners forward.

I wonder if you could post something on your site or social networking outlets? Interested sewers can find more information and the application form here:
Be on TV | Love Productions.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
not sure if they would approve of my home made smocks, chest rigs and webbing pouches :)

can we send dale? as an alleged woman she should either know all about the suject or we will see a wonderwebbed dress.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I know how to darn socks, and how to remove stripes from No 2 dress following a quick visit to the CO's office! Does that count?

Sock darning, said sock stretched over a tin of boot polish whilst you used the darning needle your Mum had given you when you departed for Basic. What a feckin waste of time and effort!

Latest Threads