Want T. A. feedback

Just wandered if anyone has anything interesting to say regards being in the T. A. For example the best/worst experiences of it?
Thanks.

Or maybe just someone who wants to know what being in the TA is like...... say someone who is considering joining?

And I can't see a journo asking such a bone question , unless MODPR(A) have given permission for a 'Fuffy Bunny' piece in Hello?

Anyway, even if Mercgirl is a journo , she's hardly asking for Military secrets is she.

What's your job in the TA Mercgirl, and have you been through basic and the 'Special intitation" yet?

An idea of what type of corps or service you have joined would help a lot in giving you an idea of what to expect. No unit names though.

AGC in an Infantry (Hurrah!) unit or a Corps? A clue , a Corps is anything that doesn't involve getting cold, wet and miserable, with a kettle close to hand. If you haven't been cold, wet miserable and carrying half a house on your back, you're in a Corps.

Well i hope your good at spelling and making tea.(jk). Sorry cant help you on that one but there is a forum for the AGC, they will keep you right.

Nor are you likely to, with the Combat handbag they issue you with. Remember going to an ex-Girlfriends unit when they first issued her her kit in basic, as she wanted a hand setting up her PLCE etc. My first reaction on seeing the all-arms "Bergan" was 'How the fook can I live out of that?" :D

G

Goku

If you had told us in your previous thread that you had only done selection then I probably would have been a lot nicer to you.

Your AGC right?
I have nothing to do with them so I can’t really give you an idea of what they’re like, desk monkeys in green.

You will soon be learning field craft and weapons handling which is good fun, although I don’t see what use it is to the AGC???

The only down side I can think of in the TA is staging on in the freezing cold and have to wake up at silly o’clock with a stinking hang over, other than that you should have a grate time.

You going to enjoy it.

Folks - Cait (I believe) deleted the earlier thread started by Mercgirl on exactly this topic after it got a bit out of hand.

mercgirl has also sent me a pm saying, "Hi" and I suspect has targetted a number of others who responded on her original thread. If BadCO can read my latest "sent" to her, feel free to do so, if not I am happy to forward to you.

Abacus

thanks for that Goku! Yes even in AGC you have to do basic. And as I'm an outdoor kinda girl, think that I will enjoy it. Cant wait to do field craft, combat first aid and weapon handling.
Perhaps should have mentioned done selection previously!

abacus??? Do I smell something funny?

^I think so, but my journo paranoia has been commented on before so I would prefer to leave it to the mods to pass further comment. I know they have their own discussion forum for stuff like this.

best bit having vast quanties of free booze for 1/2 an hours guard duty and a bit of washing up .or stagging on for the local remes do .Watching telly while getting pissed and being paid for it :D . Worst being stuck in germany for a week for no ******* reason at all after 6 months in the gulf cheers you sig bastards ( well it was probably just one officer but opsec prevent ranting against indviduials) .Getting paid to play with stuffs civilians cant even own :) best bit
being cold and wet worst bit

Abacus... Another ride on the Merry-go-round? This thread will end up same place as last one...

Asking people's experiences of the TA is waaaaaay to general. It's like asking, so do you like driving? Where? What time of day? What type of car? Alone or with passengers?

For most people it's a rollercoaster... good days and bad days, but usually in retrospect when they've caught up on their sleep most people will tell you they've enjoyed themselves. The TA is self selecting... people who don't like it leave (eventually, after trying to poison those around them), so the general consensus should be that it's a good laugh, a good way to make new friends and a handy way of saving for your Summer holiday's/new kitchen/wide screen telly etc...

Any advance on that?

G

Goku

mercgirl said:
thanks for that Goku! Yes even in AGC you have to do basic. And as I'm an outdoor kinda girl, think that I will enjoy it. Cant wait to do field craft, combat first aid and weapon handling.
Perhaps should have mentioned done selection previously!
If the idea of field craft, first aid and weapons excites you then I would advise you to re-badge. Join a unit where you can put those skills to use, AGC are pencil pushers, not much need for field craft