Want cancer?Eat a sausage!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by spike7451, Mar 31, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

So the 'experts' have now said that eating s sausage can increase your chances of bowel cancer by 20%!
    Obviously did'nt try Sadexho sausages then,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/health/healthmain.html?in_article_id=550729&in_page_id=1770&in_page_id=1770

2. I'd rather smoke my 20 (cigarettes) a day thanks spike :D

3. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Sodexho sausages don't actually have any meat in them. I'm therefore immortal :D

4. why have we canine's if the meat gives us cancer...god is a complex designer now aint he!

5. plus if i have to eat my cancer then more then 3 bacon and 1 sausage is just fine by me!!

6. 6% compared to 5%... I have more of a chance of being ran over.

Slow news day me thinks.

7. nice WAH me thinks...

8. nice WAH me thinks...

9. nice wah me thinks bout the dogs comment...

10. Does anyone pay any attention to these health scares any more? If you give up everything thats bad for you,you get to live a long time. Whoop-de-do. If they could find a way to give you more life at the beginning of your life,rather than at the toothless incontinent end I might consider it but no

11. And that's why the chefs said "only one sausage, you cahhnts", we knew how bad they were for you and were looking after your health. :D

12. They want us to take up the non-eating of bacon?
    Fcuk that. This is serious stuff. No bacon sandwiches? 8O
    Tinfoil hat time. Are we all to become muslims by stealth?
    OK forget that last bit. I'm sorry, but the mere thought of no bacon sandwiches has sent my outrage meter into the red zone. :roll:
    And I don't have an outrage meter.

13. There are sausages and sausages. The sort of cheap, nasty-ass fayre served up in the cookhouse is fine for five or ten years, but keep on eating it into your 30s and 40s, and your health will suffer.
    I've seen enough examples of people who have chosen one path over the other, to convince me.
    Those who scoffed at the health warnings and died in their sixties, and those who paid heed and now spend their retirement playing golf, sailing, diving, playing footy with their grandkids etc.
    Its your choice.

14. Last week the local farmer sprayed his fields with cow s**t that he has been saving up for months in a bloody great tank. Two days later bullocks were in the fields eating grass covered in their s**t. They will be at the local butchers in a few months time.

Pigs and chickens are fed on all sorts of rubbish and pumped full of chemicals to make them grow quickly to maximise profits.

If you want to keep healthy throughout life have the occassional bacon sarnie but try to stick to organic. Buy it in the right places (not supermarkets) and the veg is hardly any more expensive and tastes of food!

15. I'm Deed.
    john
    British Pork Bangers and Brattys. Write it on my heedstone.