Want an Adventurous Training Qualification.........?

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Pangur_Ban, Dec 30, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. DCI JS 127/04 and 128/04 issued 22 Oct 04

Course Dates at the Joint Services Adventurous Training Centres

A list of the courses available through the JSATCs. They include:

Canoeing/Kayaking
    Caving
    Climbing (Rock and Winter)
    Gliding
    Hang-gliding
    Mountaineering (Summer, Winter, Alpine and First Aid)
    Offshore Sailing
    Parachuting
    Paragliding
    Skiing
    SubAqua

More details on the courses are contained within the DCI - available from your local Admin.

Right - that's enough trawling through DCIs for now. If any of you find this info useful will you let me know. If not I can find better things to do on a Thursday afternoon!

2. I'm planning on doing JS Klettersteig Leader and Winter Climbing Proficiency this year. Huzzah. You can ram uniform where the sun don't shine! :D

3. Please keep this DCI thread updated regularly PB, its useful for me cos it cuts down on time trawling through the DCI's and i reckon it'd also be of use for troopers etc who dont get access and will give them some ammo to use when requesting courses and qualifications.

Cheers

4. Cheers for that Shed, will do my best.

PB

5. J_D

J_D LE

good info, is there anything on how to become an instructure on any of these?

6. Anya

Normal path would be start at the bottom and then work your way up gaining experience through time and expeds as well as attending the various qualifying courses on the way.

ie...Basic Ski Proficiency, Advanced Ski Proficiency then JS Ski Instructor (Alpine).

Have to be a serving member of the armed forces to work at an AT centre or be an instructor qualified civilian.

7. Those who can, do. Those who cant, instruct! :lol:

8. Anya,
    If you are eligible to do the courses then many of them do reach the instructor level. The details are in the DCI.

9. J_D

J_D LE

thanks,

I did courses in rock climbing, but they were just basic's.

I'm ex military so no go with that part lol but going into civilian instruction would be a laugh!!

those who can't do, teach..........................

those who can't teach do lol

10. IF YOURE A CIVI WANTING TO DO AT, PLAS Y BRENIN NORTH WALES HAS THE STUFF YOU WANT. GO WHEN ITS COLD AND IF THERES NO CHALLANGE ITS NOT WORTH THE TRIP..

ENJOY!