Want a free trip to London? There is a slight catch though!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by vvaannmmaann, Jul 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. F*** it. I'll turn lesbo for a day! On second thoughts hubby might like it too much!!
  2. Thus driving the coach horse cart and 72 piece band though the MOD half cocked PC shite ideas...Seriously everyone just sign up and watch this fall on its arrse.

Speaking as a out gayer Pride is a good thing.
    Speaking as the world is has changed a lot 'A proper recruiting stand at the pride party along with the police fire and many other big employers' is good thing.

But my thoughts with the march are much the same as many straight or gay serving ex serving 'the thought of the three services shuffling down the road not such a good thing looks cake and arrse'.

edited for cake and arrse formating
  3. well if you fancy a paid trip to london just sign up they can't not pay you if your not gay :twisted:
    will 3 paras mortar platoon be there or are they on ops?
  4. i'm sure they will be there in spirit.... ;)
  5. Couldn't I just claim anyway and go to London and get batfaced! What are they going to do, ask for proof that you're a fudge packer? :?

"That's right sir, I'm gay and so's the wife!" Ker-ching!!! 8)
  6. So at Gay Pride you would be "on duty" at what is effectively a political demonstration thereby endorsing it? 8O

I'm not against gays having a parade as such - they could have a big gay parade up and down my local high street as long as they behaved themselves and didn't molest the livestock but this is a bit f-ed up.

I think it crosses the line between armed forces who are not politically engaged (a good healthy British tradition) and politicized armed forces (third world style).
  7. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Right on the button (er, bean?) - this is effectively a political protest march. The Armed Forces should NOT be allowing serving personnel to go whilst on duty and representing the Armed Forces, and at the very least, they should not be paying for it.

Nothing against hermers, you understand, but this is a POLITICALLY inspired protest march.
  8. It'll probably be a total cockup anyway,

What? My taxi? ah good
  9. How much of an issue does it have to be before we can "chat" about it then?
  10. The issue people are trying to make is, why should they get paid duty rates and get rail warrants to go?

Its NOT a duty and has political means.

FFS, I want to go and watch football every week, should I not get Duty rates for that?
  11. WHAT!

Fraid not me ol' china that puts you in a majority and you are to be shunned and cast aside as an 'irrelevance'. You could start the Armed Forces Heterosexuals Who Like To Watch Footie On A Saturday Support And Cuddles Society and then find the appropriate political pressure group get them to organise a parade, shimf like a b'stard for a few years and maybe the tax payer will cough up for duty rates?
  12. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

If this is political, and serving pers can attend as duty, in uniform, and claim expenses, then can we have our march? The one we all talked about last week?
  13. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

14. How the fudge is mincing through London considered to be on duty?