Wanna join up.

Is this bloke for real? I have tried to elicit sense from these posts, but to no avail!!? I am hardly the sharpest tool in the box when it comes to grammar, but this is a visual medium, using language as a vehicle to convey ideas - if you can't do that, then your point (however well intentioned) will be lost. :?

UBIQUE!

Gizzit said:
You're clearly taking the p*ss. But that presumes that you can actually write like an adult. Which you can't.

Don't understand your burst transmission of a question. Please repeat, and use punctuation. This is punctuation: . , ; ' ! ?
I didn't think that we needed to write like an adult or use correct punctuation, pronounciation or spelling on this site.

Is there now an entrance test? :roll:

sorry to drag it back to topic but you might find that the 2 rodders that said it might be slightly jaded as they were Hairy Benders and are not as fulfilled as those in Close Support 8)

Snakes_R_Us said:
sorry to drag it back to topic but you might find that the 2 rodders that said it might be slightly jaded as they were Hairy Benders and are not as fulfilled as those in Close Support 8)
Snakes - nice one! You are clearly Close Support to the core!

I've spent most of my time in the Army on the OPs and FAC teams, and I have to say that there is no reason why women can't be FOOs in Wr OPV. Some might say that women are actually better suited to handling huge amounts of info and processing it, and they are certainly better suited to stagging on radios, as their brains are wired differently to blokes'.

Ex-AD FOOs however, are another issue. A very small percentage a very good, and are clearly the sort who got swept off to AD Regts after YOs to fill some evil quota, before going to a decent Regiment. But most are shocking, I blame the FOOs course more than anything.

I hear whispers from chums at the school that the FOOs course is changing this year - more tactics etc, and less time wasted on reeling off vast amounts of technical data that no Coy/Sqn Gp leader wants to hear. Isn't this why we invest massive amounts of time, effort and money training our Acks, to handle anything technical and act as the sobering voice of reason in the party? :)

All good and well the Ack having the knowledge, But when Tim Nice But Dim the Foo turns up and starts using the radio like his mobile its a bit embarrasing.

Remember a Bald Headed Foo who came from the cloud punchers, a big Rugby fan and a Tent Buffalo. He was Incompatent and Incontinent!!

He played Rugby for the Gunners so missed most Exs and deployments, Think hes a Major now but was I glad to see the back of his George Dawes head.

And I bet he was glad to see the back of your "mushroom" pumping sugar puff piss in to his brews during his time at the MALBAT!

wow here it is again Air defender bashing. Lets get this cleared up once and for all yes our kit is getting to be obsalete especially the CAD stuff this is not our fault the lack of war conflict with a creadible air threat mean that we have suffered from lack of investment more than most. We do however provided a much valued service wait till the next war with a air thrat when every one is crying out for us wanting to be our best mate.
My cap badge says UBIQUE to.

Greengrass said:
wow here it is again Air defender bashing. Lets get this cleared up once and for all yes our kit is getting to be obsalete especially the CAD stuff this is not our fault the lack of war conflict with a creadible air threat mean that we have suffered from lack of investment more than most. We do however provided a much valued service wait till the next war with a air thrat when every one is crying out for us wanting to be our best mate.
My cap badge says UBIQUE to.
Greeny. I love bashing the Air Defence Community. All 'fieldies' do (even lapsed sneaky ones like Snakes! :D)

I have no doubt that IF we were to face a 'credible air threat' then we would all flock to be your chums. Well, we would if we were operating that far back. Let's face it - AD kit gets reserved for Critical Points, HQs, DSG etc. Not the sharp pointy bit that bleeds a lot.

In the long term, it makes more sense to move all AD kit to the RAF - it'll all go on defending airheads and runways once the 'truly medium weight' force comes into being.

I remember a chap speaking to us at Larkhill about AD. He said that one of the worst decisions to come out of the post-Falklands wash-up was the cold-blooded move away form the concept of All Arms Air Defence, and I agree.

We all know it says 'UBIQUE' in your capbadge, but you are a trade apart. The AD community hasn't done anything remotely useful since...errr.....

The Close Support community, on the other hand, has had ample opportunity to prove it's worth over the past few decades or so. Anyone who is in any doubt as to the veracity of such a claim has only to look at the outcome of the AD Review.

Top tip: go sky blue. Better TACOS, better sunshine tours, and better totty! :D

The_Sloping_Wire said:
Greeny. I love bashing the Air Defence Community. All 'fieldies' do (even lapsed sneaky ones like Snakes! :D)
Sorry TSW not a lapsed fieldy. Served most of my time in Field Regts but never actually worked at it.

Your AD cap badge does indeed say "UBIQUE".

It also has a gun on it, not a piece of shite AD kit.

Think about it.

Cynical-Subbie said:
Your AD cap badge does indeed say "UBIQUE".

It also has a gun on it, not a piece of shite AD kit.

Think about it.
Be careful what you say you might end up there!!! :lol: :lol:

Very well said snake though cheers Cynical subbie its al ways nice to see an officer take time out from drinking pink gin and walking the dog to decended to the level of replying to the enlisted scum. As for miles back from the bloody end i seem to remember alot of bridge protectio with the avre through which the whole battle group moved still we all have a role to play as they say.