Wanna buy a tank?

Waldeck

War Hero
It looks like the owner is being allowed to sell off his collection. The Panther is probably worth more than the amount of the fine.
If it is imported to the US it has to be unable to fire the main gun. I worked on a few Chieftains, Ferrets etc. in the US. The one in the photo had its Breach removed and the barrel scored. Total cock up, had to weld up steel plates to balance out the gun to get it to work on Stab.

Chieftain MK3 Benton Briant 5.jpg

If it is imported to the US it has to be unable to fire the main gun. I worked on a few Chieftains, Ferrets etc. in the US. The one in the photo had its Breach removed and the barrel scored. Total cock up, had to weld up steel plates to balance out the gun to get it to work on Stab.

View attachment 593814
In UK you simply need a Firearm Certificate for the main armament. There would be conditions regarding firing - probably blank only.

Waldeck

War Hero
In UK you simply need a Firearm Certificate for the main armament. There would be conditions regarding firing - probably blank only.
As you can imagine it's easy to get a fire arms cert over here, in Tennessee where this one was it is no problem. It was part of the import license. Who ever did it made a right mess of it.

Biggish

Old-Salt
As you can imagine it's easy to get a fire arms cert over here, in Tennessee where this one was it is no problem. It was part of the import license. Who ever did it made a right mess of it.
Easy to get a firearms certificate for a Panther tank found in a German basement 6 years ago?

Waldeck

War Hero
Easy to get a firearms certificate for a Panther tank found in a German basement 6 years ago?
Have no idea. Was responding to @Bodenplatte I have a firearms cert for New Jersey which is a lib state and it was fairly easy.

View attachment 593814
A Chieftain that actually runs? shouldn't that be in a Museum of oddities?

FFL11- - Importer of Destructive Devices, Ammunition for Destructive Devices or Armor Piercing Ammunition

Latest Threads