Wanking is Good for You - Official!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by OldSnowy, Apr 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Saw this and had to share it - this is the sort of news that makes the internet worthwhile - and it's from New Scientist (so it must be true):

"It will make you go blind. It will make your palms grow hairy. Such myths about masturbation are largely a thing of the past. But the latest research has even better news for young men: frequent self-pleasuring could protect against the most common kind of cancer.

A team in Australia led by Graham Giles of The Cancer Council Victoria in Melbourne asked 1079 men with prostate cancer to fill in a questionnaire detailing their sexual habits, and compared their responses with those of 1259 healthy men of the same age. The team concludes that the more men ejaculate between the ages of 20 and 50, the less likely they are to develop prostate cancer.

The protective effect is greatest while men are in their twenties: those who had ejaculated more than five times per week in their twenties, for instance, were one-third less likely to develop aggressive prostate cancer later in life (BJU International, vol 92, p 211).

The results contradict those of previous studies, which have suggested that having had many sexual partners, or a high frequency of sexual activity, increases the risk of prostate cancer by up to 40 per cent. The key difference is that these earlier studies defined sexual activity as sexual intercourse, whereas the latest study focused on the number of ejaculations, whether or not intercourse was involved.

The team speculates that infections caused by intercourse may increase the risk of prostate cancer. "Had we been able to remove ejaculations associated with sexual intercourse, there should have been an even stronger protective effect of other ejaculations," they suggest. "Men have many ways of using their prostate which do not involve women or other men," Giles adds."

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn3942-masturbating-may-protect-against-prostate-cancer.html

I particularly like the last bit - it is an Aussie study, so I presume he means sheep, 'roos, and the famous Aussie Bearded Clam that I've heard so much about.........

Good on you, sport!

2. Like we needed extra justification! :D

Anyone confused about the 'extra uses of prostate' should PM MDN......

3. Is that once a day Monday to Friday or all five over the weekend? :wink:

4. Smashing. I shall go and crack one out now just to be extra careful.

5. Hey does that mean I am helping hubby :D

"Not tonight darling, I wouldn't want to damage your health"

Nope can't see that working :roll:

6. I must have excellent prostate health then!

7. Gives me more excuse to wipe my knob on peoples curtains again now.

8. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Looks like I'm never getting prostrate cancer then - though one can't be too careful.

9. Only five times a week in your twenties - the bar's not set very high, is it?

10. Fair point, is it adversly healthy to go excessively over 5 a week - like 5 a day if you're really bored?

11. What about if you're a female??

12. Over the first twenty years of my life I averaged well over 5 a week in between 15 and 18. Iam well ahead of the game.

13. three cheers for a good Sherman!!!

14. The chances are your probably don't have a prostate... and therefore can't get prostate cancer.

However, masterbating for us all on your webcam or in real life can prevent all sorts of diseases, like... scurvy.

TB

15. You've just made that up havnt you?