Walting from the other side of the fence.

Discussion in 'Waltenkommando' started by rucksack, Jun 3, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Walting is not exclusive to military wannabes. About 5 years ago I got to know a bloke now living in Australia who had a heavy Irish (South Armagh) accent. Amongst many tall tales he went on to tell me he was the OC PIRA South Armagh in the 80's Now theres a coincidence I thought, I don't remember your face.. Many tall tales were told as though they were some sort of badge of honour. Turns out he was a known fantasist and I suspect would not be welcome if he showed his face in Silverbridge again. In the meantime, he continues to spin these tales to unsuspecting Aussies, particularly if they mention any Irish heritage connection. Pity Sinn Fein didn't have a walting forum.

2. Deeply fascinating, you should take up professional story telling. I was hooked from start to finish. History, pathos, a whiff of danger, it has it all. Thank you ever so much. Please don't leave it so long between posts.

• Like Like x 3
  3. OP.

You need to post photos, ideally of some form of his ID, especially if he owes you rent.

How did you know he was a walting Matilda? (See what I did there?)
    Did he have his balaclava on inside out?

• Like Like x 2
  4. "Deeply fascinating, you should take up professional story telling. I was hooked from start to finish. History, pathos, a whiff of danger, it has it all. Thank you ever so much. Please don't leave it so long between posts."

Thank you for your equally constructive and interesting reply. I truly am sorry that you didn't find this post up to your standards. I just found it somewhat amusing that virtually every walt wants to be ex SAS. This bloke took me by surprise with his angle and I thought it may be of interest. BTW, whilst humour is a corner stone of this site, a smartass response that serves no purpose other than to try to make the author appear superior by demeaning anyone else's contribution doesn't really add any value.

• Like Like x 7
  5. You what?

It's what posting on arrse is all about, you total skidmark!

Wah, Shurley???

• Like Like x 1
  6. Fair enough, I dont get it but thanks anyway.

7. Why not put your concerns in an email to;

Crossmaglen Sinn Féin Office
    Email: sfcrossmaglen@gmail.com

Tell them he is conning money out of the wild colonial boyos in the name of the cause and see if their local rep has a quiet word in his shell like?

• Like Like x 3
  8. Is this a case of 'Walting Matilda'?

• Like Like x 4
  9. Thanks AT55. Not so much of a concern but just a different view of the world wide walt fraternity.

10. Comic genius.

If only I'd thought of that in my post!

• Like Like x 3
  11. Yehhh, how interesting, a sort of, different, twilight-zoney angle of the Walt phenomena.

I reckon your mate was a 14 Int double/quadruple reverse Informer who went Supergrass on Slab Murphy before getting a new identity and being treated by the Brits in the true ol fashion: deportation of Paddies to the colonies.

Sound about roight?

12. Fanny

13. Stop calling me Shirley .

• Like Like x 1
  14. buy him a present a orange t shirt, and a packet of red rubber gloves one glove conveniently lost and a cheese sandwich wrapped in cling film labelled Mr B Sands,

see what happens,

• Like Like x 1