Waltfest

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by muzzleflash, Jul 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Paid a vist to the war and peace show near Paddock wood on Sat and I can honestly say that I've never seen so many walters gathered in the same place at the same time.

Stood listening to a retard telling a crowd of onlookers how he'd recently stormed a taliban trench system single handledly, hosing them down with his 'gympy'. The outcome was that he was awarded an MM !

Laugh? I nearly strangled the cnut :evil: :evil:

2. 8O Surely the police would have turned a blind eye while you... educated this individual.

3. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Bet you were riveted at the tales of derring do....While you quietly waited to slot the walt!
    MM?......Mong Medal(with bar,iron,across the knapper)!

4. If it was the slim coloured bloke in the sharp suit, that was Johnson Beharry - he was wandering around on Saturday.

Actually, watching him stroll around, it was apparent that most of UK civpop didn't recognise him.....

..... and I wonder what he thought of those walting it up in desert kit?! FFS, how can you re-enact wars that are still going on and in which young soldiers are getting killed and maimed?!

5. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

My daughter was there & bought me a copy of his book. He was there for a signing.

6. sound like a good read.....I'd buy it....read dusty warriors No Fuckin way this guys a walt......Well done Harry! proud of you mate!

7. "Barefoot Soldier" a good read & difficult to put down, it’s a book of 2 half’s. First being from his early, upbringing in Grenada to life in the UK. Second being his deployment & the award, strongly recommended. My only criticism is it is obvious that the co author & had a major input into writing this book

8. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

IFSEC at NEC is a first class WaltFest. "Is that a sunbed tan or is that a sandpit tan?" and everybody with a remotely Safrican accent is ex Sellous Scouts.

I spent lunchtimes wandering around whispering "Is it safe?"

Must of done it 20 times and 19 times I got a big smile and "Yes, the hardened Titanium case is cushioned by..."

By which time I had wandered away. Only one guy broke into a grin and said "The Boys From Brazil, right?"

Quality stuff.

9. Marathon Man..

(takes off pedant hat, finds coat, fcuks off)

10. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Shit. You're right. Wrong scary ex Nazi torturer. An easy mistake to make at IFSEC.

11. Johnson Beharry was awardrd the VC which he earned on Op TELIC IV!

12. But not before he told you the story of how he got his BEM the very next month!!!!!!!!!!!

AY

13. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

God Pyrex thanks for that, we would never have known. Pillock!

14. Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier. --Samuel Johnson--

Pity the poor little blighters who have to make themselves a legend in their own minds - or enlist them! bring back the shilling!

That'd be a laugh - go up and try to recruit them in front of their audience. Are you on the reserve list? We need you now. I've got the papers in the tent over there!

15. I visited the "War & Peace" show on Saturday (to enhance my collection) and spend the day walking among the stalls in ankle deep brown windsor.
    I must say there were a lot of Walts around and Johnson Beharry was signing copies of his book along with Tim Collins. I went for a beer in the bar and Johnson was there signing his book along with Tim Collins. I dread to think what he thought of all the Walts (dressed in desert camo) who were buying his book. Unbelievably, a girl or wife with one chap who was buying his book studied his head up close and said "look at all those scars", fecking silly cow. I think the saddest people were the lads walking around in US desert combats with all the gear on carrying airsoft weapons.
    Sad really.