Walter Mitty or ....................................?

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Henno G, Nov 2, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yes, the real deal alright, I remember her from the Coronation.
    • Like Like x 17
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Blooms Hotel.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Genius...thanks for the laugh.
  4. H3

H3 LE

Your a bit behind the times .... Waits for incoming :0)
  5. I can as well, unless he's crawling about in a ghillie suit, then he tends to blend into the background extremely well. It's the training, I think.
  6. He should have refused the glowing SAS testimonial and obeyed the Common Law obligations of the Realm to which he was sworn.

Instead he speaks from platforms in Ireland. What is his qualification to do so ? That he basks in the approval of those he would criticise.

A man. of admirable sentiment, who turned his back on his oath and the Treason Laws of his land, and thus condoned the fool and purchased the folly.

In this case not the Court fool but the fool who failed to go to Court.

Sad. Very sad.
  7. Can't see the video (Youtube at work frowned upon) so this comment may be out of context - apologies if this is so.

I have lifted this from his Wikipedia entry:

Benjamin Griffin (born 1977) is a former British SAS soldier who refused to return to Iraq and left the Army, citing not only the "illegal" tactics of United States troops and the policies of coalition forces but also that the invasion itself was illegal, being contrary to international law.

If he has left, surely he can do what he likes (within the laws of the country?) We don't have to approve of it, but he is free to voice his opinion.
  8. Post of the month :)
  9. Agreed
  10. He's certainly voicing it now, however back in 2008 he was presented with a High Court Injunction gagging him.

Court gags ex-SAS man who made torture claims | UK news | The Guardian
  11. Mods, can we have a separate, dedicated subsection for walt hunting on the forum? Of late these never ending "walt or what" threads are starting to tire me out. I am aware that quite a few on this forum are very active and capable walt hunters, all the more reason to dedicate a special section to the topic, wouldn't you say?

Crack on.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. I agree, it seems to be a daily occurrence, more so at times. We non-Waltenkommando types could pop in and throw rocks at the chimps occasionally.