Walt

RP578

LE
Book Reviewer
Not referring Mr. Mitty and his legion of admirers, but the Ska 'Rude Boy' logo:Walt

Does anyone remember his last name? Think it began with 'J'.

Yep it was Walt Jabsco

arby said:
so who was "Rudy" then?
Rudy was an abbreviation of Rudeboy a sort of Jamaican chav , who the original skinheads took their style from, Crombie coat, pork pie hat , loafers , white socks ect

Mr_Creosote said:
And now I am sat here humming Specials tunes.................... :D
Ahh.....happy days!

RP578

LE
Book Reviewer
The_Terrible_Twins said:
Yep it was Walt Jabsco
That's it!! Cheers T_T.

I know that the character was based on Pete Tosh from the wailers, but do you know where the name came from?

By the way, the "Beat Girl" logo (as seen in the flyer) was based on some bird called Margaret:

The_Terrible_Twins said:
arby said:
so who was "Rudy" then?
Rudy was an abbreviation of Rudeboy a sort of Jamaican chav , who the original skinheads took their style from, Crombie coat, pork pie hat , loafers , white socks ect
oh. I sort of hoped that it was Neville Staples mate who was a bit of a wide boy. Thanks for the info though.

The_Terrible_Twins said:
arby said:
so who was "Rudy" then?
Them were the days, No.2, harrington jacket, loafers, white socks, stay-press trousers half way up your shins.

As well as The Specials, don't forget Madness, The Beat, Desmond Dekker, Prince Buster, Selecter.

Great days. :D

RP578

LE
Book Reviewer
Heartbreaklane said:
Them were the days, No.2, harrington jacket, loafers, white socks, stay-press trousers half way up your shins.
Stop it! I'm getting flashbacks!! Actually went out and bought a Ben Sherman a couple of months back. All these years later I can finally afford one!

RP578 said:
Heartbreaklane said:
Stop it! I'm getting flashbacks!! Actually went out and bought a Ben Sherman a couple of months back. All these years later I can finally afford one!
:D Oh yeah Ben Shermans, Fred Perry polos too.

And just remembered Bad Manners, and The Body Snatchers. 8)

Mr_Creosote said:
And now I am sat here humming Specials tunes.................... :D

I know how you feel, I won't be able to get that out of my head now :x

Thanks for that, a real trip down memory lane :D

Harington, Ben Sherman and stay press :oops:

RP578

LE
Book Reviewer
Heartbreaklane said:
The_Terrible_Twins said:
arby said:
so who was "Rudy" then?

As well as The Specials, don't forget Madness, The Beat, Desmond Dekker, Prince Buster, Selecter.

Just to help you move your day along :D :
Toots & The Maytals - Broadway Jungle

Message to you Rudy

A real blast from the past!

RP578 said:
Heartbreaklane said:
The_Terrible_Twins said:
arby said:
so who was "Rudy" then?

Just to help you move your day along :D :
Toots & The Maytals - Broadway Jungle

Message to you Rudy

A real blast from the past!
Brilliant. :D

Lads arguing over which was the best...Vespa or Lambretta.

Lasses raiding their mums wardrobes for her 60's gear, lads wearing 2Tone suits and parka's. :lol:

Happy days :D

bossyboots said:
Lads arguing over which was the best...Vespa or Lambretta.

Lasses raiding their mums wardrobes for her 60's gear, lads wearing 2Tone suits and parka's. :lol:

Happy days :D

Crombie overcoat ( with velvet collar ) , cream sta prest trousers, Loakes loafers / brogues, argyle socks, check ben sherman ( 4" collar ), umbrella with sharpened tip optional along with bowler hat ......... the height of style

and don't forget the Skinhead girls, mini skirt, fishnet stockings, white socks, loafers .......a wet dream come true

RP578

LE
Book Reviewer
Does anyone make thin neckties anymore? I still have my skinny black tie from the 1980's. That and my old RGJ regt'l tie make up my entire tie collection so have been looking for a new one, but they're all fat/wide affairs that just won't go with my Mod suit! Asked at Tie Rack, but the whipper snapper was unaware of any fashion/music subculture that actually predated Girls Aloud.

What's a Rude Boy to do? :(

Terrible_Twins wrote

Crombie overcoat ( with velvet collar ) , cream sta prest trousers, Loakes loafers / brogues, argyle socks, check ben sherman ( 4" collar ), umbrella with sharpened tip optional along with bowler hat ......... the height of style
Very dapper :lol:

For 1 point..can you remember the original name of The Specials TT? :)

RP578 said:
Does anyone make thin neckties anymore? I still have my skinny black tie from the 1980's. That and my old RGJ regt'l tie make up my entire tie collection so have been looking for a new one, but they're all fat/wide affairs that just won't go with my Mod suit! Asked at Tie Rack, but the whipper snapper was unaware of any fashion/music subculture that actually predated Girls Aloud.

What's a Rude Boy to do? :(

Skinny ties are us

Skinny ties r us too

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R The Intelligence Cell 7
Forces_Sweetheart The Intelligence Cell 9
Mighty_doh_nut Infantry 38