Walt will I guard today , a Marine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivers_lag

On ROPS
On ROPs
Oh dear, just you wait til Jarrod sees that.

You're for the high jump, you unsearchy twat.

Good skills

Two years rent free in londinium.

We used to park up in chelsea barracks for weekenders late 90s

I've still got my mod90 i might try it.

Having said that it took me half an hour to negotiate past the front desk blokes in the UJ without ID last week

Eventually got walt tested by duty manager who name rank numbered me. top chap, although obviously not guards material :)

He didn't have a head made of solid mahogany then?

Good skills

Indeed yes. There's obviously a Special Forces career awaiting this chap.

I notice that the retired Sergeant-Major is being asked to carry the can for this one.

Oh dear, how embarrassing for them.
Guarding the Queen? HM must be sleeping less soundly.

Didn't anyone ask to see an MOD-90 thingy in all that time?
A TA base in Dundee would be embarrassed by that.

Oh dear, how embarrassing for them.
Guarding the Queen? HM must be sleeping less soundly.

Didn't anyone ask to see an MOD-90 thingy in all that time?
A TA base in Dundee would be embarrassed by that.
I know it's Shiote Daily Mail reporting as usual but where did it state 'guarding the Queen'?

As normal another over hyped piece of journalism tripe, also there's obviously much more to this than what's been published.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

jim30

LE
It sounds like he had a valid pass to get on site so no one had any reason to question it.

Chef

LE
I know it's Shiote Daily Mail reporting as usual but where did it state 'guarding the Queen'?

As normal another over hyped piece of journalism tripe, also there's obviously much more to this than what's been published.

Obviously there's more to this and you seem to be the one who knows about it.

Do tell, are you the lodger or the man carrying the can?

If he worked for the MOD, he'll have had an MOD pass which is enough to get on a unit. A guy on the gate that sees a valid pass isn't then going to question why someone with a valid pass is living on that unit. "Morning Sir, can I see your ID?.....thank you, can I now ask, are you meant to be living in that block / mess that you're living in?"

Obviously there's more to this and you seem to be the one who knows about it.

Do tell, are you the lodger or the man carrying the can?
Ah ha, if you worked in Londist then you'd know, or maybe not.

Last edited:

Drivers_lag

On ROPS
On ROPs
If you think about it and you know how it works, it's probably quite easy to do once you're past the main gate.

I blagged rooms in the Sergeant's mess regularly at DJ bks. You only have to tip up in civvis and ask for one. No-one asks for your ID if you look like a squaddie.

Chef

LE
I did wonder if it would be like that DL; years back in the cadets a mate and I rocked up to Gosport in uniform on a Saturday, we were halfway to the Sgt's mess before someone thought to ask who we actually were. If they hadn't we'd be there yet.

I guess it's like a beehive, once you get past the gate guards everyone else presumes you have a right to be there.

At least the version in the Telegraph article is slightly better, only let down by a ill informed or ignorant Labour MP's comment.

“The big argument as far as I’m concerned is how someone gained access on fairly low security clearance,” said the Labour MP Gisela Stuart.

&

An MoD spokesman said: “When it became clear that there was no entitlement to accommodation, this individual was asked to leave Wellington Barracks.

“It is wrong and misleading to suggest this was a security breach. The individual in question was an MoD employee with the correct security clearances and passes to allow entry to any MoD establishment.”

Mr Williams has not been charged with any offence.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...-door-to-Buckingham-Palace-for-two-years.html

All the uneducated, lazy or Walt's close the door on the way out....

In certain circumstances an "entitled" civil servant can apply to be accommodated in service accommodation but they are charged quite a bit for this. Will Mr Wiliams be receiving a very large bill?

Status
Not open for further replies.