Walt watch

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Flyingrockdj, Oct 30, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Flyingrockdj

Flyingrockdj War Hero Moderator

As that time of year for Maximum walt activity approaches I thought a more organised approach to Walt minding might come in usefull. Over the last year there have been many spots of these people about wearing medals they are not entitiled too from the Mad Walt Barry to other more subtle ones.
    If anyone who has spotted/suspected one before posts their likely locstat over this weekend ie where they were sighted last year for example then with a little admin maybe we can do some organised outing.

Or am I being mean?

2. 49 Para are marching past the cenotaph i hear.
  3. my father in law is embarrassed that I have medals and he dont

so hes bought his own - national service medal etc, but at least hes put the time in

Walts dont!!
  4. Gents

49 Para march past the Centaur each and every year but it is an inflatable one and carefully positioned to minimize traffic disruption in Walt-on-Thames though customers attempting to reach B&Q might have to take an alternative route between the hours of 10.00 hours o'clock and 12.00 hours o'clock noon.

Would all those interested please meet at the Squirrel and Truncheon for a hot toddy and a medal polishing session. No firearms this year please.

Thank you

St John Walter (Corporal Retired)
    Walter House
  5. The subject of Walts has been raised in many a thread, but I'm surprised to see that no one has mentioned to my knowledge the single biggest collection of Walts the world has ever seen; Walt Central, as it were. Known whenever a medal is awarded for shiny shoes, owning more guns than you were issued or reading about warzones, gentlemen, I give you - the United States Army.
  6. Spotted one:

Attached Files:

7. "And I got the one on the left for bombing Dresden single handed. Christ, that pissed off one's German cousins I can tell you".
  8. Whoa there Sejanus, he might not be a crab but HRH has been some lad in his time. A walt he is not.
  9. Then his son?

Attached Files:

10. Or:

Attached Files:

11. My father in law 22 years navy no medals got commisioned so not even long service.Me stab got three.dosent bother him but upsets mother in law
    :D .
  12. Just Googled "Walt Watch" and this OLD thread came up.

Because kentish-girl's enquiries had me wondering .......

(As it happens, I do have a friend who I understand is ex-Para. He's not a lover and doesn't pose in maroon. I expect he's genuine, but I have no way of telling ...... and, frankly, it makes no odds.)

But, it does seem to be something that we get frequent enquiries about?
    And a long thread ensues.
    I was wondering whether there was, or anyone had considered the creating of, some sort of database on here:

or Arrse

....... (that didn't reveal the identity of real ex-Paras) but into which the "suspicious" could enter the name, age, regiment? of the "prospective walt" ...... click "submit" ..... and be told "genuine" or "walt".
  13. good idea, but we proved ash the cash quickly enough
  14. Yes waltism is a growing problem that needs to be dealt with swiftly and with the minimum of fuss. Im all for exposing a walt