Walt watch

Flyingrockdj

War Hero
As that time of year for Maximum walt activity approaches I thought a more organised approach to Walt minding might come in usefull. Over the last year there have been many spots of these people about wearing medals they are not entitiled too from the Mad Walt Barry to other more subtle ones.
If anyone who has spotted/suspected one before posts their likely locstat over this weekend ie where they were sighted last year for example then with a little admin maybe we can do some organised outing.

Or am I being mean?

NAH!

my father in law is embarrassed that I have medals and he dont

so hes bought his own - national service medal etc, but at least hes put the time in

Walts dont!!

armadillo said:
49 Para are marching past the cenotaph i hear.
Gents

49 Para march past the Centaur each and every year but it is an inflatable one and carefully positioned to minimize traffic disruption in Walt-on-Thames though customers attempting to reach B&Q might have to take an alternative route between the hours of 10.00 hours o'clock and 12.00 hours o'clock noon.

Would all those interested please meet at the Squirrel and Truncheon for a hot toddy and a medal polishing session. No firearms this year please.

Thank you

St John Walter (Corporal Retired)
Walter House
Walt-on-Thames
England

The subject of Walts has been raised in many a thread, but I'm surprised to see that no one has mentioned to my knowledge the single biggest collection of Walts the world has ever seen; Walt Central, as it were. Known whenever a medal is awarded for shiny shoes, owning more guns than you were issued or reading about warzones, gentlemen, I give you - the United States Army.

"And I got the one on the left for bombing Dresden single handed. Christ, that pissed off one's German cousins I can tell you".

Bedpan2zero said:
my father in law is embarrassed that I have medals and he dont

so hes bought his own - national service medal etc, but at least hes put the time in

Walts dont!!
My father in law 22 years navy no medals got commisioned so not even long service.Me stab got three.dosent bother him but upsets mother in law
:D .

Just Googled "Walt Watch" and this OLD thread came up.

Because kentish-girl's enquiries had me wondering .......

(As it happens, I do have a friend who I understand is ex-Para. He's not a lover and doesn't pose in maroon. I expect he's genuine, but I have no way of telling ...... and, frankly, it makes no odds.)

But, it does seem to be something that we get frequent enquiries about?
And a long thread ensues.
I was wondering whether there was, or anyone had considered the creating of, some sort of database on here:

http://www.exairborneforces.co.uk/

or Arrse

....... (that didn't reveal the identity of real ex-Paras) but into which the "suspicious" could enter the name, age, regiment? of the "prospective walt" ...... click "submit" ..... and be told "genuine" or "walt".

Nesbit217 said:
Yes waltism is a growing problem that needs to be dealt with swiftly and with the minimum of fuss. Im all for exposing a walt

Pot/Kettle/Black/Bell/End/look in a mirror??????

Look at the article, real carefully, do you see the date & just in case check out the following link, I think you may have guessed you are a little behind the times.

At this time of the Year the Ex-Pats are out showing the Tin, but I sometimes wonder how much of it has been bought in. Really no conclusive way of finding out, but we do seem to have an inordinate amount of self declared ex SAS bods here.. Hmmm :?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MrMemory Waltenkommando 3
J Waltenkommando 135
Glad_its_all_over The Intelligence Cell 35