Walt question.

Discussion in 'Waltenkommando' started by cent05zr70, Nov 3, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As the years stumble by I find myself talking to myself more and more frequently. If I understand myself the army crops up quite regularly.
    Am I in danger of becoming one of them?

Not one of THEM.

Well, not yet anyway.
  2. This site is awash with walts and wannabees - they are probably the most vocal and offensive contributors.

The way to expose a walt is: Ask them about the front page of the MOD Intranet which is produced automatically on the DII (F) front page.

For instance: Q Which aircraft is displayed today? A: A Tornado.

If the walt cannot answer or says what is"DII"? they are proved as being a walt.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Well, that's where you're wrong. I'm not a walt. I also don't have access to DII, though I do have an Armynet account.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. That's ok for you youngsters, but in my day the D11 was a large wagon-mounted radio.
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Access to DII merely proves that one is a desk sucking blotter jotter.
    • Like Like x 7
  6. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

Fecking I T walt )))
    • Like Like x 2
  7. I thought smudge was a Tactical Information Technology WALT or TIT for short. So if you are able to get on Dii but dont have an IGS account are you classed as a Dii WALT???
  8. Well, I have an IGS account too, but still no access to DII.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Well that covers the Clerks and the seniors...
    • Like Like x 1
  10. So those of us who have served, but are no longer, are all classified as walts because we cannot access said hub?

Sweet Jesus, I'm a WALT. The Kommando will be onto me any minute now. Best cancel the coach to the smoke for the 13th, they'll be all over my rack of 2 posting up pictures for verifa... varific..... veraffaa....checking!
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Absolute utter bollox
    • Like Like x 2
  12. As for bolo beret's DII 'boathouse' DV question, it fails at the first hurdle. A Tornado features on the MoD public site today. Maybe it's always the same page. I don't recall. I could check on Monday when I'll have access but that would be really sad.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. I thought D11 was some new-fangled comms wire.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. The replacement for D10?
    • Like Like x 1
  15. No flies on you are there ;)