Walt question.

As the years stumble by I find myself talking to myself more and more frequently. If I understand myself the army crops up quite regularly.
Am I in danger of becoming one of them?

Not one of THEM.

Well, not yet anyway.

This site is awash with walts and wannabees - they are probably the most vocal and offensive contributors.

The way to expose a walt is: Ask them about the front page of the MOD Intranet which is produced automatically on the DII (F) front page.

For instance: Q Which aircraft is displayed today? A: A Tornado.

If the walt cannot answer or says what is"DII"? they are proved as being a walt.

they are probably the most vocal and offensive contributors.

The way to expose a walt is: Ask them about the front page of the MOD Intranet which is produced automatically on the DII (F) front page.

If the walt cannot answer or says what is"DII"? they are proved as being a walt.
Well, that's where you're wrong. I'm not a walt. I also don't have access to DII, though I do have an Armynet account.

This site is awash with walts and wannabees - they are probably the most vocal and offensive contributors.

That's ok for you youngsters, but in my day the D11 was a large wagon-mounted radio.

Access to DII merely proves that one is a desk sucking blotter jotter.

Fecking I T walt )))
I thought smudge was a Tactical Information Technology WALT or TIT for short. So if you are able to get on Dii but dont have an IGS account are you classed as a Dii WALT???

I thought smudge was a Tactical Information Technology WALT or TIT for short. So if you are able to get on Dii but dont have an IGS account are you classed as a Dii WALT???
Well, I have an IGS account too, but still no access to DII.

Well that covers the Clerks and the seniors...

So those of us who have served, but are no longer, are all classified as walts because we cannot access said hub?

Sweet Jesus, I'm a WALT. The Kommando will be onto me any minute now. Best cancel the coach to the smoke for the 13th, they'll be all over my rack of 2 posting up pictures for verifa... varific..... veraffaa....checking!

Absolute utter bollox

As for bolo beret's DII 'boathouse' DV question, it fails at the first hurdle. A Tornado features on the MoD public site today. Maybe it's always the same page. I don't recall. I could check on Monday when I'll have access but that would be really sad.

Bolo Beret is clearly a Dii Walt wannabee, as the main picture on the intranet home page is now HMS Turbulent - he knows nothing.

Walt.

MB

And besides, we professional walts have moles to tell us these things.

images-51.jpeg

Just incase any of my fellow walts are asked.

Do you think we've now displayed enough high-level insider military knowledge to avoid ever being accused of waltishness ;-)

Ps. I ran the Hong Kong desk how about you?
I think my desk is from IKEA.