Walt or not?

Bloke in the office wearing an SAS tie, so I asked him when he was in...

"I wasn't, it's my dad's tie"

Walt or not?

msr

Not sure how to classify that one. Sad?

Is his surname Stirling or Maine per chance???????????

Stilts

Odd one, as he did own up when quizzed, although why wear it if it isn't yours to wear? Has dad passed on, perchance? Only wonder as I'd expect he wouldn't be too chuffed with the wearing of said item if he is still very much around.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Probably not - but you might want to explain to him that some people might find his wearing it inappropriate.

He wasn't a distraction burglar by any chance? The motto would be equally appropriate.

Dont know the ins or outs of it but say per chance a long, long shot his dad was in the SAS and killed in action then it may be out of respect and in my book if his colleagues agreed Hes not a WALT.

ok now awake, yes probably a WALT.

I wear The_Iron's pants, but it doesn't make me him does it?

Fatbadge said:
The_Snail said:
I wear The_Iron's pants, but it doesn't make me him does it?
No but it gets you funny looks. :wink:
How does a fat lass like slug squeeze into my size 32 waist pants ?

No comments allowed from Twosup :x

We were at a wedding once when a bloke rocked up wearing a winged dagger tie, one of the lads with us was one of them and went up to chat to him, turned out the bloke sold ties and said if he sold them he could wear them!! He went home tieless!

When I was a kid and needed a tie one day, my dad wouldn't give me his cos it was a Regi one. Nicked one for me off his mate though.

As to your mate, if he's wearing it at a location that no-one will notice and he doesn't mention what it is, fair enough. If either of the above apply, then no-go. So, he's a walt if he wears it again. Just my opinion.

msr said:
Bloke in the office wearing an SAS tie, so I asked him when he was in...

"I wasn't, it's my dad's tie"

Walt or not?

msr
I wouldn't say anything ... his dads probably bigger than your dad ... and you know it'll all end in tears!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R The Intelligence Cell 7
Forces_Sweetheart The Intelligence Cell 9
Mighty_doh_nut Infantry 38