Walt or Hero??

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by ex_donkey_man, Nov 11, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sorry if this has already been spotted and I'm a knobber re-posting it!

I was flicking through the BBC's pictures from today's Rememberance day - clocked this one -

BBC News - In pictures: Armistice Day around the world

I migHT be wrong and these could be from a very well to do man who really got down with it, but 3 MiD's!!!! That's good going and I've only ever seen 2 before and that was on a WW2 vet. I just thought that shurely after 2 MiD's, he migth have gotten a medal of some sort - QGM (Instead of third MiD, I know they are different levels, but sometimes I'm sure it's the way it's put across) or MBE prehaps?
    If they are your medals and they are real - Bloody good show, if they're not real - Wait out and standyby!
  2. [​IMG]

I take it you mean these?
  3. Yep - I'm just a dunce who can't get the exact picture up!
  4. Looks like 2x mid and a qcvs! Good effort

Medals look alright
  5. I wouldn't say walt. His medals all check out and most walts are so unstable they'll put the order of the Garter or a couple of DSOs up there.

He's got his former yugo and kosovo the wrong way round, though.
  6. How do you know? Depends on what order he was awarded them!!

What is the 3rd NATO medal? No bar to it...
  7. NATO Medal for Macedonia
  8. The NATO Kosovo medal started to be awarded before the Former Yugoslavia medal was superceeded. It's somewhat unusal for someone to have them that way round but not impossible.
  9. Op Agricola (Kosovo) and Op Palatine (Bosnia) ran concurrently. After Kosovo in '99 I decided a holiday dog handling in Bosnia in 2001 was good idea.
  10. We may need MittMayo for this one.

Just looked at mine (God they are filthy). Off that, I am guessing NI, Yugoslavia and Queen's Choclit one. Not sure on the second on in though.
  11. Take that back cuntychops.
  12. The only thing you've served is your smelly halibut wreaking cunt on a plate to most of 3 Div
  13. You are so wrong, you missed out 12 Bde, and a full stop at the end of your sentence.
  14. Shouldn't the Accumulated Service Medal be worn before the QGJM and his NATO shit?

Just a point

Edited to add, whoever mounted them needs a slap as well
  15. It's mounted all over the place! Id also imagine very few people have been awarded the above