Walt nailed in Canada

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by Gun_Brickie, Apr 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Although he should have been beaten like a ginger stepchild, at least he got some sort of comeuppance.

Vancouver Province article
  2. Similar case here in Norfolk awhile back - some old walting Tos@er turned up on Remembrance Sunday wearing a VC. After lots of handshaking, beers etc etc one old boy becamce suspicious that this guy had never been in the Navy. Anyway a few hours digging around on the net/British Legion revealed that the guy who he said he was lived in Dorset/Somerset.

Local papers gave some coverage to this but the authorities did naff all!
  3. Thanks for the tip on that one. I've sent the link around to my fellow Royal Canadian Legion members to point out that walts are still around. Hopefully, we never see one at our Branch, but should one show up, I want folks to be able to point him (or her) out ASAP.

Thanks again.
  4. How old was this bloke? we had soem guy down the pub claiming to be a VC. Being non british trained i kept my trap shut, its not my place to say. He pitches ups every so aften, supposedly up seeing family or the like.
    Bar is just on the outskirts of Norwich.

5. If this WALT is pretending to of just come back from Afghanistan they should of got him through the system quick and enlist him. Then they can send him out for a quick six months of spud bashing and ROP's in the thick of it. To**er.
  6. Find out his name, then go check the list of VC recipients.
  7. Aye, that's sparked an idea in me 'ead.

All these walts who impersonate vets should (as their punishment) be enlisted and sent to fight out in Iraq/Afganistan or where-ever, then they really could be vets.