WALT Investigation

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by 8256Mick, Jan 5, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,
    How can I double check service records to see if my neighbour is an uber-walt as I suspect?
    He's got a knackered old series 3 landrover (not FFR etc) with a hand painted RM style dagger on the doors - my son, loving all things green asked about it and 'Walt' went into a five minute blah about being a Royal Marine, dropping SBS hints about Sub deployments and Kayaking up the Danube.
    If I'm wrong and he's 100% then I live next door to a legend, but I suspect this chap has more than likely been an Army cadet in a past life and likes old Landrovers.
    I understand I cant put his name up on a forum etc.
  2. Ask him what colour his favorite dress is.

If he gives you a blank stare he's a walt, simples.
  3. I'm sure he's at least been in the ACF etc......because he like banging on about gucci kit etc.
    I want to find out if he was a Commando Trained Royal Marine, either in the Regular Navy or the Royal Marines Reserves.
  4. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Christ Almighty, not another one. What is it, a full moon or something?
  5. If he's trying to impress your son I think it might be a good idea to inform the police rather than posting here
  6. Try searching one of the other million or so 'How do I know if this bloke is a walt' threads that are on here.
  7. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

My thoughts exactly.

Mick if iit matters so much to you go across and ask him.
  8. I once owned a Lada Niva jeep and now own a furry hat, f uck me I'm a Spetznaz walt.
  9. If you can really be arsed just keep talking to him and he'll be bound to slip up somewhere . . . if he is a walt.
  10. Thanks, thats helpful - Did your Lada have Spetznaz badge on the doors?
    He's a clever WALT, and he's annoyed me enough to dig him out as a punk with tall stories about other people he read somewhere.
  11. Actually, no: it means that you were a rubella baby. Consequently, the disease destroyed that part of your brain which controls dress sense. This diagnosis is confirmed if you still use hair gel (or 'product' as da yoot calls it) and you are aged 35 or more.
  12. Ask him where he did his QVCD course.
  13. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Hey! I used to be into punk and I've read stories about other people too.

Why are you annoyed with him?

If it bothers you so much why have you not confronted him? If you are ex you will know enough to trip him up....
  14. Which is? (Sorry I was a Guardsman!)
  15. Ahh but which one, there are many :wink: