Walt gets off scot-free

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Taz_786, Aug 9, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Why didn't I think of that?

2. His sentence should have been 6 months unpaid doing pan bash in Basra.

If he wants to walt it, let him have a taste.

3. not that stupid as he appears from that article to have got away without paying it all back, surely that can't be the case can it?

4. Anyone know as to what exactly constitues a "suspended" sentence?

5. Isn't a suspended sentence one where you don't go into prison unless you reoffend; then you get the original sentence plus whatever for the second offence?

6. If he is convicted again within 18 months of the day he got the suspended sentence he will end up doing the 364 days.

But, in reality, he will get 50% of the 364 days knocked off anyway. No one does the full sentence anymore.

7. I agree with tartanterrier39, get the guy to do his community service in Basra doing pan pash or empty the thunder boxes

8. Damn... that sucks that he's being treated with kid gloves. Even if he's forced to remit the stolen amount, I wonder if he'll be allowed to keep the accrued interest?

9. Hopefully the Judge has hit him with an Asset Recovery Order to get back all of the money. That way even his personal property can be seized to pay any outstanding money from the crime.

If he hasn't got any money, they can pop him with a benefit order. This means that if he gets any money during his lifetime, they can seize this as well.

10. We had a chap on this side of the water last week claiming falsely to be a veteran: Got sentenced to tending graves at a veteran's cemetary for a few months.

NTM

11. Takes the p*ss, you get battered more by courts for traffic offence. They should be made to do something for the military, what I don't know. 6 months pan bash in Basra sounds a good idea. Or maybe use him as a marker for OP's. Bring Abbotts back into service from being mothballed and have 6 rounds fire for effect on useless cnut. At least then he won't be walting again.

12. Hold on, he had well over 300 large in his sky, he was in Thailand/a sex trade capital - and he came back!

I'd of made 'em come and get me, I'd of been too tired to come back myself.

13. No apolgies for being repetitive but:

Bliar said:

Tough on crime; tough on the causes of crime

Allowing any single person to manipulate £300,000 of N.H.S. is in itself a crime and I would hold the Chancellor of the Exchequer at the time responsible.

Where were the checks against fruad and theft? Not prudent in my opinion and symptomatic of this hopeless government's propensity for throwing money willy-nilly at the N.H.S and appointing a sneering smug cow to run it!

14. Deleted will learn this IT bollox one day